Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went through the whole machine. Complete new steering from top to bottom. A arm kits ball joints bearings and seals in front end. Complete new rear end. Swing arm bushings new axle housing, axle, foam bushings, o rings bearings races seals. New brakes all the way around. Stainless brake hoses, new calipers, pads. New plastic.
My problem is I never did anything to motor and tranny. It ran perfectly before tear down. Now it wont idle. Runs great with a bit of throttle applied. Maybe a pinched throttle cable, wire unplugged, something not breathing right? I'm at a loss. Dont know where to start looking. Got any ideas?
Thanks
Ron

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found it. The safty switch in the throttle control. Purrs like a kitten

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now besides the wrong gear shift linkage I think it's almost done.
When I get my little shop built I'll take it down to the frame and do a complete clean and rebuild. Then I'll ride it for as long as I'm able. I cant never sell it I'll never get my money out of it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No just a temporary 12x20 garage in a box with a 12x12 floor in it so I could work in a little heat and out of the dirt.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That might be my map gas propane tank you see. Had to break out the big torches for the rear end. Still didnt come apart. Had to cut it up to get it out. This is why I have a completely new rear end. I believe it was never taken apart. Its apart now. Probably 10 different parts. Needed to get the spacer out of it for the left side. Forgot to order it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts