Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
snapped an axle as soon as went into a mud hole and I wasn't even giving it hell. Anyways thinking about running highlifter axle anybody have any issues with them? or I am up for suggestions

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
where did it break how about a pic of it
indy likes pics

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it broke the right front axel in the joint going into the wheel. I don't have it taken apart yet its cold as hell right now.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Front axles are weak spot when you run bigger tires. I put Rhino's on but if they break I will get Gorrillas or Turners.

·
Premium Member
10,342 Posts
bigger mud tires on an xp equals axel upgrade time. i have no experience with them but cobra axels are also an option in addition to the forementioned axels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turner axel are to expensive for my wallet but I would love to have some

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Gotta pay to play. Its kinda like death and taxes

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
10,342 Posts
Where is a good place to buy Turner axles?
To my knowledge turner fabs the axels after u place the order.

·
Registered
123 Posts
snapped an axle as soon as went into a mud hole and I wasn't even giving it hell. Anyways thinking about running highlifter axle anybody have any issues with them? or I am up for suggestions

If you compare the diameter of the axles on Polaris Sportsmans back in '03...the old versions look like gorilla axles! Just another way to cut costs, make things cheaper, and less reliable.

half the steel at twice the price?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

If you compare the diameter of the axles on Polaris Sportsmans back in '03...the old versions look like gorilla axles! Just another way to cut costs, make things cheaper, and less reliable.

Here's a 2013 850xp front oem and a rhino

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
123 Posts

My S3 addiction!!
So...your saying my statement of the axle size of the 2003 Sportmans vs the 2013 version is not true?

Are you saying the axles snapping has nothing to do with the size?

Are you saying there is not a common problem with the 850's breaking OEM axles?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

My S3 addiction!!
So...your saying my statement of the axle size of the 2003 Sportmans vs the 2013 version is not true?

nope. I agree with u! I was pointing out how small the oem polaris ones r!

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
123 Posts

My S3 addiction!!

My S3 addiction!!

I wish would have had all the facts and known problems before buying mine thats for sure. Instead went from past personal experience of pre 2003 models of Polaris....what a regret thus far

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

My S3 addiction!!

I wish would have had all the facts and known problems before buying mine thats for sure. Instead went from past personal experience of pre 2003 models of Polaris....what a regret thus far
Im happy with mine so far.only problem so far has just been the weak front axles!

My S3 addiction!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
after reading this I went out to look at my front axels on my 02 sportsman..they are hefty not like the new OEM ones shown above....I guess Polaris went the money saving course and skimped on the axles...to bad...

·
Registered
679 Posts

My S3 addiction!!

Me too, you bitch more than any women I know.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have cobra axles on my 850 xp, I am very happy with them. I have no experience with highlifter axles, I had gorillas on my older 700efi and they were fine except I kept on tearing boots.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have cobra axles on my 850 xp, I am very happy with them. I have no experience with highlifter axles, I had gorillas on my older 700efi and they were fine except I kept on tearing boots.

Ya im kinda torn between the cobra and the high lifter. dont know wich ones I want. Its good to know that the cobra can stand up to your laws that gives me the warm and fuzzies

1 - 20 of 37 Posts