Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who is going to this years snirt run. If so were you guys staying and starting from. I have been a snowmobiler up in old forge never rode an atv up there. looks like a ton of fun

·
Registered
47 Posts
When is it? And do you need to buy the old forge trail permits like with a sled? I'm only an hour from there, but if i have to spend 100 bucks on trail permits to ride there once its not worth it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snirt run

I'm not sure if a trail pass is needed i have never been so i really dont know... and this year if im not wrong the date is sat april 13 2013... i was just asking around to see where a good place to start at is and so fourth looks awsome might just be me and the old lady. but maybe we can get a bunch of us polaris atv guys and try to represent a good bunch of people

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im trying to get some members to ride it as a club .. this will be my first time up there... ive rode sleds all over the hill but have never done the snirt run. i guess its in lewis county. snopals is another place i guess timberview is another place to sign up.... type in snirt run in google or yahoo youtube has some videos on it too

·
Registered
575 Posts
I may go, it really depends on the weather, which can be anything from 7 feet of snow and 3 below 0 to sunny and 80 degrees. I ride the area alot in the summer. You do need a trailpass for the county owned lands, but not for the roads. The county trails generally open May 1st.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
snirt run

I found a hotel to stay at for the snirt run. does anybody know how faraway it is from the registration and start of the snirt run. Hotel is ridgeview in lowville ny thanks for looking

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think about 10 miles to register at the barnes corners snow pals groomer garage, I am not sure where else to register as this will be my first year going to this. Hopefully some of this snow will melt before then or could be a not so fun day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When is it? And do you need to buy the old forge trail permits like with a sled? I'm only an hour from there, but if i have to spend 100 bucks on trail permits to ride there once its not worth it
The Snirt Run is held in Tug Hill NY (Turin and Lowville area), not Old Forge NY. You can sign up at Barnes Corners for the Poker Run, we go every year and it's always an awesome time, put a 120 miles on last year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know i am going, not sure if my brother is gonna go and trying to get my cousin to go, We are not into the whole get drunk and drive thing but may stop along the way and have a couple. Hopefully some of the snow will melt by then or i think it will be tough going especially for the 2 wheel drives. Where is the best place to start from on the lowville/adams side?

·
Registered
14 Posts
snirt 2013

I,m going up with the boss lady. Never rode one before. Bought new 2up polaris 500. We will see how it goes. Rode bike for 40 yrs. Need change for us old folks. HA HA We live in Seneca Falls.. Going up Sat. AM coming back late at night. Would like to follow a group up there since I do not know where the h%^$ I am going. Dick Mellini,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I found a hotel to stay at for the snirt run. does anybody know how faraway it is from the registration and start of the snirt run. Hotel is ridgeview in lowville ny thanks for looking
its about 10miles from barnes corner we are also staying at the ridge view. We will be getting there Fri. afternoon and riding over to timberview for early reg. from 6-9 and then heading back to the ridge view for dinner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be there!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
This will be my 5th SNIRT run. Try the SNOPALS website. They host and organize. The biggest registration point is their groomer barn in Barnes Corners, but you can register at a couple of other places. Lewis County ATV trail permits are not required for SNIRT but legal registration for your ATV is. This event attracts more ATVers than most anything else in the nation short of Hatfield/McCoy trail fest. As a result it also attracts more law enforcement than any other event here in Northern New York.
So please, come and have fun, stay safe. Have a drink or four as your preference and tolerance allows, but dont get stupid. See ya there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts