Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started my DIY snorkel for my '13 Sportsman 550 XP today. I have the belt housing figured out pretty much. My question is about the Engine Air Box. I have seen pictures of some type of adapter plate that looked like it bolted to the side of the air cleaner box and had 2 outlets on it to attach your hose or PVC pipe. Anyone have any close up pictures of how you did your setup? Wondering if what I have seen is homemade or if they are part of the kits.

I also looked at the 1 1/2 "spa" hose at Lowes today. That stuff sure looks bulky. Thinking I would have a hard time routing that through some of the plastics up front. The flex hose they had was the PVC type that is pretty rigid. Is that what others are using? I have read on here that Triangle will sell their flex hose. I plan to see if I can call them this week and see how much they sell it for. I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think the plate from rubberdows is for the value line of sportsmans. My triangle kit had a plate that bolted to the front of the air box and had to pieces of pipe welded to it. Either welded with a 90 to go into the pod for the stealth setup or out straight for risers. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts