Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend bought a Can-AM Outlander X MR.

We will definately be going exploring new trails and in the quest for some serious mud! hehe

I have a stock 850 xp. (Soon new tires on)

I am looking to get more info on snokels...
Are they worth it?
Complicated to install?
Best place to get them? (I live in Canada...shipping costs are an important matter)
Is it the only thing I need to worry about.

Thanks for educating me!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Snorkels are very important if you go deep so you don't flood your machine. I would also recommend relocating your radiator on the front rack so you won't have any problems with over heating.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes they are worth it... Cheap insurance

Complicated? On the 850 yep pretty much, They took about 6 hours to install and I build snorkels for extra $$$$ year round

Triangle Atv makes the most thought out snorkels IMO but I will tell you that if I had it to do over I'd use risers not stealth.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Snorkels are definately a must have if you are even thinking about going in the mud/water. Like stated, they are cheap insurance for that spot that turns out to be a little deeper than expected. Triangle ATV does make some nice kits. I have the stealth on my 800 and it is a well thought out kit. There are many other companies out there that sell them though. I havn't looked into too many kits for the 850, but you could check out Rubber Down Customs, since they are a company in Canada that does some nice custom work. Also you should di-electric grease every electrical connection. Don't forget the spark plug boots as well. It will save you from a lot of headaches.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Di-Electric grease?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't know about most of you , but I'm not made out of money and don't understand why anyone would want to turn a quad into a submarine and then cry when it breaks everything possible. I guess some folk were raised wierd, I was taught to go around big mud and save me and my machine. I've been a mechanic all my life and really love hearing this stuff and better yet watching fools tear their machines to death. Funny!!!! Just my .02!!!!:lame:

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd stay outta the water on a 96 model too that's almost a classic we buy them we swim them then we buy another and that's all because we can afford it. Don't bash me because I can afford to do whatever I want with my machine. We use our machines to the fullest if you ever tried it you'd fall in love. It's a thrill seeing what you can make it through alot safer than going 60 down a trail, same thrill just costs more. Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Electrical grease it keeps current flowing where it should when in water or wet

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah ok thanks!

I did not know about that! I'll definately look into it!!

You just spray it on every connections?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Reno. Why do you even come to these forums. You never have anything good to say bud. Were looking for a quick hand - not your "go around mud" comments. Every help question Ive had has had you answer with you shouldn't do that. LOL

·
Registered
139 Posts
But yeah, DanX Ive been looking into snorkels as well. Triangle stealth is probably the one I will choose. I like the fact it is hidden in the console instead of sticking up in front of the front box... Stealth > 4 bulky ABS pipes sticking out in front of your front box.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ah ok thanks!

I did not know about that! I'll definately look into it!!

You just spray it on every connections?
It will usually comes in a tube like toothpaste. What you have to do is pop every electrical connection apart on your bike and squeeze a dab into the connection and plug it back together. The excess will ooze out, wipe it off and your good to go. It helps to keep water out of your connections.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks CVCOBRA1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts