Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a homemade snorkel kit on my 05 sportsman 600. are there any suggestions on how to run it through the front storage box and still be able to use it?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
people have used flex hose from the bottom of the storage box to the snorkel stacks on the lid to be able to open the lid, there's a thread some where on here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would i have to just let some hang loose so it can stretch

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
try searching snorkel threads if i recall he had some slack just sit down in the hole where the rad cap is. im trying to find it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you talking about the hilly billy deluxe motorsports page?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
nope, different then that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
we have done a few now and they work good, we tried the fex hose and had problems with them crimping and closing off when we sealed the holes. When I get the bike running correctly I will finish it with trim so it should be fairly water tight.
The only problem I have had is on a 700 with top end horse power, and I was told it is getting too much air, so I am going to install a ball valve to restrict the flow to see if it helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought about about doing the same thing, just cutting a hole in the top and mounting them inside the box like that. you have enough clearance for your light when turning. and what about that radiator, you just have some slack in your hose so that you can lift it with the radiator still on the top lid?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put snorkels on my 2009 Sportsman 500 touring. I got it from Snorkelyouratv.com. The uprights come out in the fender so you cam still use the front box. The kit wasnt designed for the longer wheelbase Touring model so I basically had to build it all myself. Turned out pretty good. I can get more pics of it if you want to see more

·
Registered
576 Posts
I put snorkels on my 2009 Sportsman 500 touring. I got it from Snorkelyouratv.com. The uprights come out in the fender so you cam still use the front box. The kit wasnt designed for the longer wheelbase Touring model so I basically had to build it all myself. Turned out pretty good. I can get more pics of it if you want to see more

I have an X2 and I'm looking at the snorkelyouratv.com kits. We basically have the same wheel base and size of ATV. With that said I'm curious to know what additional modifications you had to make on top of buying the kit. Maybe you can share the instructions you got from your kit so I can build my own :veryhappy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had to route one side of the intake tubes on the L/H side of the machine. That and cutting the holes in the airbox were the big differences. Both intake hoses had to be longer. I also added drains at the lowest points just in case I get water in the snorks. I have pics of all the routings but it would be alot to post. I changed a couple fittings around for the belt cover vents from the original. My way just tucked then up under the body panels more so you don't see them. Here is some of the pics
All the intake parts, up to the fender, put together and laid out.

Under fender where they go thru

Stacks out of fender

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Thats pretty clever & it looks factory installed. I'm jealous dirtscustomcalls!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts