Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 450 sportsman and a new 550 sportsman xp
I want to snorkel them but want to do it myself and save money as I also bought my kid a 150 all of these within the last three weeks. I am not a rich guy so saving money is key.

I am looking for type of PVC dimensions what all I will need to run it through mud pits down here in Florida. They can easily be deeper than the quad so I know I need them at least 2 feet above the front rack.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Haha damn 2 feet above the racks!?! Those are some bad as pits. That deep I don't think I've even be able to reach my handlebars while keeping my head above mud. Sorry I can't help as I'm looking for help on snorkeling my 850 XP as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have taken them across the Missouri river int he past and the higher snorkels have saved my bacon more than once. That has been many years ago before moving to Florida.

The puts down here are very deep in spots and while I may not make it through it I would like to be able to be pulled out and keep the stacks above water.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow across the Missouri huh? That's pretty cool. Yeah even if you can't get through atleast you know your machine won't be wrecked.

So can anyone help us?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We used to do it with Three wheelers way back int he day was a bit tricky keeping them centered. I dumped a few over the years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts