Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought triangle atv snorkel kit for 14 sp 800 when going to install cvt intake boot crossmember that is new to 14 and ctv housing make it too tight to get on there called triangle and sent photos was told cvt housing needs to come off for installation I know I need to do this anyway to seal (wasnt planning om right away as there is nothing but ice now) is there a way to revove the clutches without the polaris specific clutch puller? Anyone else snorkel their 2014 yet??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought triangle atv snorkel kit for 14 sp 800 when going to install cvt intake boot crossmember that is new to 14 and ctv housing make it too tight to get on there called triangle and sent photos was told cvt housing needs to come off for installation I know I need to do this anyway to seal (wasnt planning om right away as there is nothing but ice now) is there a way to revove the clutches without the polaris specific clutch puller? Anyone else snorkel their 2014 yet??

I've used this method with good success:

Make sure you use a bolt that threads into the clutch and NOT the crank's threads.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm interesting. From what I have found searching the past hour is to get a lomg 3/4 inch fine thread bolt that threads into the clutch and put a 3 inch socket ectension against the crank then thread in the bolt and it should pop in any other case id just buy the polaris one but everything is currently apart

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Don't do the socket extension thing. Please! the retaining bolt threads into the end of the crank, and those threads are what the extension is going to screw up if you do it even the slightest bit wrong. Either drive by the dealer and have them pop it off, use the hydraulic method in the video above, or spend $30 for the proper puller.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not the money its a matter of having to prder it. I will be calling polaris dealers in the state tomorow morning to see if any of them have one available for sale. Just not a fan of leaving the bike all apart while waiting on shipping a specific tool. But id also prefer to get it dont right with out risk of causing damage

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ive used a deepwell socket on a short extension in a pinch. Cant remember the size but I just found the socket that would fit with least slop inside the clutch and used the proper length extension for my bolt to push on. I agree do not just use an extension. The diameter is too small and it could push into the threads.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
there is a guy on ebay who sells the clutch tool....I gpt mine for 19.99 and she shipped that day and got it in 3 days....I bought it just to have at that price..and the tool is well made...its a worthy investmant how ever you look at it...

this is the one I got..he others for other Polaris clutches....

Polaris ATV Primary Drive Clutch Puller Tool 1985 Up | eBay

as they say...the right tool is a problem solver and money saver in the long run

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
If nothing else, load it up and tow it to the dealer with the covers off and clutch ready to pop off and just have them pop it for you. Probably won't even charge you to do it.

·
Registered
805 Posts

I've used this method with good success:

Make sure you use a bolt that threads into the clutch and NOT the crank's threads.
I have to ask, does anybody else see what I think I seen? I seen him pour water into the clutch and crank, then thread the actual clutch bolt in and hammer it until it took the threads out. I seen the bolt shoot back and push his gun off, but never seen the clutch move. I also dont know why you would use the clutch bolt when your trying to pull the clutch. the clutch bolt holds the clutch on. Maybe Im wrong just wondering what others think. :hmmm:

This is a sled he is working on and im not up on my sleds at all nor do I work on them but im just trying to figure how threading a bolt into the crank pulls the clutch. Anybody know this sled and how this worked?

Either way, I DO know to never try this with any polaris ATV clutch and your clutch bolt. You pour water in and then tighten your clutch bolt your going to have problems lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts