Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I have searched this entire forum just about and can not find it...
I am snorkeling my 850 this weekend and I am trying to find a parts list so I can buy everything this week instead of tearing it down and then going an hour and half away to lowes or home depot to get supplies. So my question is this...
What size rubber cupplings do I need to go from the belt hosing to the flex hose. Also, can I run 2 inch hose and be ok. I figured the more cool air the Belt housing can pull the better for the belt. If anyone out there has a parts list I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
I don't have a parts list but I think that 2'' on the belt housing would be really tight. I have the triangle stealth kit and the hose running under the front cab by the frame and gas tank is real tight. Don't forget about snorkeling the gas tank, all diffs, and coolant overflow tank. Also you may want to see if your belt box is leaking. Most from the factory leak where the back cover mounts to the tranny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Weasel,
Yea I was planning on using RVT and dielectric and getting everything sealed up good. I have heard of folks running all their breathers into one and running that one all the way out. Just trying to keep it as clean as possible. I may just do the 1.5 inch hose and call it good. I don't want any "tight" fits to where it may rub a hole or cut a hose and you know the rest of that one. I already have a small lift and 31 inch outlaws so I am ready to get it snorkeled friday and ride saturday. So do you think if I buy a (2) 2 inch rubber cupplings that reduces to a 1.5 inch then I would be fine for the belt box? Thanks again for your input. All my friends were saying that there are parts lists out there and tells you everything you need.... nope! Not for a Polaris XP. I promise I will post one as soon as I get done. Pics are great but they don't really tell you what all you need before you get started. I hate having to keep running to the store. The closest Lowes we have is over an hour away one direction. We have a small parts and supply store in town but they don't always have what you are looking for and their prices reflect how far we are from another one lol.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Buy one of the kits from Triangle or, Snorkel your Atv. It might cost a bit more, but at least it comes with everything you need. (for the most part)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea thats true... However, I have done this to other ATVs and it's not that difficult and the parts are pretty much the same. The thing is, is that you are paying someone 150-200 bucks to make sure everything is cut to size and that they have everything you need (for the most part) and a nice set of directions. I have friends who have both of those kits and they all said do it yourself because its cheapier and same material for around 50-75 bucks. I came very very close to buying the SYA kit for this reason but just don't see paying the extra money.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Are you wanting to keep the stealth look or are you going to have risers coming through the plastics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to do risers. Up to the handle bars then do a 45 degree turn following that with a 90 and cut the end parallel to the ground. I am also going to use cupplings as risers to where it has the constant size all the way up like a SYA kit would

·
Registered
737 Posts
I checked mine tonight and they are both 1.5'' 2" couplers. Good luck hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts