Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been looking into getting a plow for the last couple years but never got around to it. This year I am going to. I am coming here th ask for help. What is the best snow plow to buy? How are the warn plows? I am going to need the entire set up, so part numbers if you have them or can get them are a good start for me! There are many questions, what brand, straight or tapered, power pivot, front or center mounting? I do appreciate any and all help. Thank You!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I recently bought a 60" Warn Provantage front mount for my '06 Sportsman 500 from the ATV superstore, and I really like it. The install was a little tricky, had to make a few small modifications to make everything line up right, but no big deal. I've only used it a couple times, but it has worked very well for me. It lifts nice and high, which is an advantage to the front mount plows. I didn't get the power angle option, as it costs damn near as much as the entire plow system. The extra weight might be nice, to keep the blade on the ground, but it is pricey, and I am perfectly able to get off the machine the one or two times that I actually need to change the blade angle. There are other plow systems out there, probably a little better priced than the Warn, but Warn has been around for a while, and, as far as I'm concerned, has made a good name for itself with superior products.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently bought a 60" Warn Provantage front mount for my '06 Sportsman 500 from the ATV superstore, about I really like it. The install was a little tricky, had to make a few small modifications to make everything line up right, but no big deal. I've only used it a couple times, but it has worked very well for me. It lifts nice and high, which is an advantage to the front mount plows. I didn't get the power angle option, as it costs damn near as much as the entire plow system. The extra weight might be nice, to keep the blade on the ground, but it is pricey, and I am perfectly able to get off the machine the one or two times that I actually need to change the blade angle. There are other plow systems out there, probably a little better priced than the Warn, but Warn has been around for a while, and, as far as I'm concerned, has made a good name for itself with superior products.
What did you pay for the setup if you don't mind me asking? Also did you get the straight blade or the tapered blade? Thanks for the quick response. Whä was the shipping time like?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I bought my blade and the mounting hardware when I purchased the Quad. Says Polaris on it but I'm sure its made by someone else for them. It had the manual lift arm when new. But I added a Warn winch to save my left arm/shoulder. I don't know where you live, but if you have a small area to plow and don't get a lot of snow I wouldn't spend a ton of money on one.If you live in a place that gets a good dump in the winter get a good name brand that's hell for stout. Warn makes good stuff from what I hear and they have parts if you need them.Mine is a straight 60" with a snowflap on top.It will adjust 5 ways and like Larry said its no big deal to get off and adjust it a time or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in New Mexico. Not too much snow, but when it comes down we get it. I would use this to plow the father in laws business lot, the drive to their house which is long and hilly on the way up (most non 4x4 vehicles will get stuck), and would also probably plow the church parking lots. Don't want to see anyone slip getting in/out of their vehicle. Also plow other places that need plowing.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum. I have been looking into getting a plow for the last couple years but never got around to it. This year I am going to. I am coming here th ask for help. What is the best snow plow to buy? How are the warn plows? I am going to need the entire set up, so part numbers if you have them or can get them are a good start for me! There are many questions, what brand, straight or tapered, power pivot, front or center mounting? I do appreciate any and all help. Thank You!
Give me a call at the shop and we can discuss the different options for your needs.

Thor

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid $499.80, which included shipping. Ordered it on a Wednesday, and it showed up the following Monday. Was very impressed with that. I got the straight blade, btw. Thor was excellent to deal with, I will definitely be buying from him again. I highly recommend giving him a call, he's friendly, knowledgeable, and he has good prices on everything he sells.

·
Registered
1 Posts
plow for sale

I have a 52" glacier plow with bracket I am selling because I just got a new 550 and it is not the same as my 2007 500. You would just need to get the mount for the quad. It is in good shape. I will accept any reasonable offer. You can email me at [email protected] if interested and we'll go from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts