Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, folks I'm tired of shoveling snow and want to explore a snow plow for my 550 xp. However with all the various brands out there which ones are good ones and which ones are junk. I want a 5 footer and it must be heavy duty well built cause I live in the country and have a couple long driveways that are rock.

Know many folks on here probably run plows so help me out here and advise me on a solid outfit that can take what you throw at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plow

I have a Polaris Glacier Pro on my wife's 850xp and it works well. It attaches and detaches in about 30 seconds. I had a cycle country on her old 700 Prairie and the Pro is much better.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I do not care for the Front mount plows. they do allow for more ground clearance when raised, but i dont feel that they are as sturdy as a mid mount.

i personally have an American MFG. Eagle Plow. I love it. there is an option for Electric turn if you do alot of angled plowing. i dont, and have the manual turn. It works great, been very solid. i have moved ~8 of wet snow at a time in about a 65-70 foot pass with no issue.

Bought it here
POLARIS SPORTSMAN XP PLOW

Thats all i have for pics, wish i had some from underneath

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
it must be heavy duty well built
With that said..... Go with an Eagle or KFI Plow System!!!

I live in the country and have a couple long driveways that are rock.
And with that said...... Go with a Country Style Plow Blade!!! And Belly / Mid Mount System!!!!

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
go with a mid frame mount...no strain on the front frame are that way....Now I got a cycle country plow...and very very happy..well built...thier newer push frames are very solid....the plow blade I got was the Bearforce Pro..the blade alone weights over 120 pounds...built like a truck plow...they discontinued it for the poly blade but you can still find them i looked all over an found them
this is the blade Bearforce Pro Series Plow Blade - Blades - Cycle Country Plow System - Plow - ATV / UTV - Riders Needs

thats a good price also....free shipping....its 21" high not like others that are 14 or 16-18...it moves snow....shop around for the push bar an mount...thats what I did....great plow set up...

this is it....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glacier 3 all the way.. It's the best one, quick detach and attach.. You do not lose any ground clearance with the plow mount, You can leave it on all year..

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have a front mount Eagle on my 550. I like the fact I can keep my aluminum skid plate on with the mount. I ride in the winter too so that is important to me. I do take the mount off for rides. I did however have to modify the front mount slightly to fit over the skids but it gave me an excuse to buy a welder. I have not had any issues and I plow a rocky/gravel driveway. I've had some good hard hits too. That being said the mid mount is most likely stronger. One regret for me was not getting the 60" plow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like Dennis Kirk and Shade Tree are about the best deals out there.
60" country plow, under frame push tube, mount plate and 2000lb moose winch for roughly $900. That beats the dealer by 3 bills

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Glacier 3 all the way.. It's the best one, quick detach and attach.. You do not lose any ground clearance with the plow mount, You can leave it on all year..
I'd have to disagree.... i have the Glacier 3 and I love it. But it's not as "beefy" as he is describing for it's intended use..... I'd follow the Eagle or KFI recommendations.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Get the Glacier Plow System...this is on an older 2003 machine and still using the same plow today. Its simply the best!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts