Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 550 X2 Sportsman 2 months ago, great ATV and having fun riding it. The problem is I also bought a 60" Polaris plow and mount. This has been 2 months and they still don't have the push mount? It's mid October in Ohio and I want this ready to plow if needed. It's hard to beleive they are this messed up on orders they can't supply this. What are some brands to look at to get instead? I may take back the plow and mount and go buy some where else than Polaris. What you you guys recomend? Thanks

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
The Glacier plows are an excellent plow. Call the dealer and be polite but firm. You want it ASAP, so you can have it on and ready.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Eagle, KFI,Viper and Warn all 4 brands are quality plow systems.
You can't go wrong with any of the mentioned brands and they most likely will be cheaper than the polaris setup and definately exceed them in quality.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Eagle, KFI,Viper and Warn all 4 brands are quality plow systems.
You can't go wrong with any of the mentioned brands and they most likely will be cheaper than the polaris setup and definately exceed them in quality.
I think the Polaris plows are still pretty good, but the others will perform great and give you additional options, like taller blades and higher lift, which is why I went with a front mount Warn. But I have not heard anything bad about the others, and Yes the others are less expensive with equal to possibly greater quality..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Trolling behind Lolly..... I'll agree and say the Eagle is an exceptional nice and heavy duty system and have also heard and read many good things about the Warn systems. If you return the Popo, I'd look into one of those two systems.... couldn't go wrong with either

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Trolling behind Lolly..... I'll agree and say the Eagle is an exceptional nice and heavy duty system and have also heard and read many good things about the Warn systems. If you return the Popo, I'd look into one of those two systems.... couldn't go wrong with either
No experience with other brands. I love my WARN and at a couple hundred less then Polaris the price was my deciding factor, as I have never seen any complaints about any brands.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk now Free

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I bought a 550 X2 Sportsman 2 months ago, great ATV and having fun riding it. The problem is I also bought a 60" Polaris plow and mount. This has been 2 months and they still don't have the push mount? It's mid October in Ohio and I want this ready to plow if needed. It's hard to beleive they are this messed up on orders they can't supply this. What are some brands to look at to get instead? I may take back the plow and mount and go buy some where else than Polaris. What you you guys recomend? Thanks
I think you will like the Polaris plow. The are a few venders on E-Bay that have the mounts for sale and ready to be shipped. Their prices are below what the dealers are asking.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I've seen a Warn plow that the blade and rear supporting structure were separated from the factory due to poor welding. This is right where the cutting edge mounts as well. a quality control issue that I believe was taken care of. but that's the one and only time I've heard any complaints about a plow system besides the original Glacier 2 systems that are no longer available.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The second generation or Glacier II+ is a nice improvement over the original. They shortened the down tubes and gusseted them on top and bottom. No more bending and tubes dragging on the ground.

I have the Glacier II+ front mount and it has performed flawlessly! I also scrapped the plow shoes and installed the FallLine Poly wear bar. This allows for a nice clean result and the steel never touches the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts