Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 Polaris 800 Sportsman a couple of years ago. It came with a 52" Polaris plow, I don't see any other description on it. I don't know if the previous owner customized the push frame and I have been searching online for one that looks like it but can't seem to find any. The push bar (frame) goes all the way under the machine and plugs into the receiver, then you hook the winch cable on and lift the plow and a simple hook attaches to a rod on the front frame center. I can't find any installation manuals, it works fine but it almost seems like another support pin would line up with the front frame and I tried it by putting a ten inch long carriage bolt through but then it almost seemed like the plow wouldn't go down low enough.
Has anyone seen a set up like this?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That looks exactly like my plow frame. BUT! They were for the older models with no receiver tube hitch in the back. It looks like that one has been modified. The front only looks like it has half of the hinge mount. I'll go out and take pics of mine tomorrow to show you what it looks like.
I think someone just rigged this up to work on that model, but it wasn't really designed for that style of frame at all.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Ok....It wasn't as late as I thought it was, so ran out and took some pics for ya.
Here is the rear mount. I zip-tie the pin so it won't fall out again like it did last year. (first time for that)
It looks similar to your unit. In the summer I put a 2" ball in the hole where the drawbar pin comes up thru the end. Yours has the ball added to the end of the frame and a section added to slide into the receiver tube. ( I think )

Attachments

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
On the front end there is a mount that bolts to the frame with 2 holes for the pin that goes thru the top tube of the hinge. It's out of the way in summer when the plow is removed. No problem with ground clearance.
The one thing I don't like is....if going over very uneven ground, the hinge can fold over backwards if you have too much slack in the line. Then the plow frame can't raise very high and you have to get it folded back the right way.
I had to heat and hammer things straight again after it did this once as the winch had enough power to bend the metal in the hinge and drawbar frame....even bent the winch mount itself! Lots of power in a Warn XT25!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Clinebo.... looks like you hit the nail on the head. Missing part of the front hinge, which aids in keeping the blades push tubes from shifting side to side.

In my opinion.... 1) fabricate the rest of the hinge/bracket (if your handy that way) or 2) buy a new push tube / mounting system and mount your blade to it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
How well did this setup work? Thinking of making my own plow setup and use this exact plan of attack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts