Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 02 Sportsman 500 HO and I'm looking to put my plow on it. I was wondering what you guys have for PLOW MOUNTS and how you like em. I've got a 98 King Quad that I have plowed with in the past and had home made mounts for it, but I wanted to get a factory mount for the Sportsman. Thanks...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
i made my own mount also ,modeled off my buddies '05 sportsman 500. he had the short tube -high lift setup and i thought that was cool,and it is i can drive in the back of my pick-up with the blade on and not drag on the ramps. the bracket i made uses the tow hook holes as front mounting and went back almost to the footpegs as rear mounting for the plate. the hardest thing was figuring out the length of the push tube. you want it short but not short enough that it gets in the tires when in full left or right

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4getful2... Making my own mount is not ruled out by no means. The short tube and high lift sounds just like what I am looking for. I don't want to loose ground clearance any more than I have to. I have an old long tube Moose 50" plow and I don't mind cutting it up if I can come up with a decent design to achieve my goal. You wouldn't happen to have a pic of yours layin around would ya?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
i took some pictures today with my mount and blade,they should give you an idea of what to do. you should be able to see them in my photo gallery thing. my blade and tube were off a garden tractor ,so push tube and mount are all homemade. been in use for 4 seasons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts