Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for any input on what anyone has for a snowblade,what works and what doesnt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love my warn pro vantage plow. I was lucky enough to get the kit to convert to a little bucket which is handy around the house.

·
Registered
2017 Sportsmen XP 1000 Touring
181 Posts
Plenty of plow discussions., suggest a forum search for plows, but believe the best are Polaris, Polaris and Polaris, and I don't own one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a click n Go 1 on my KQ and it was great as the mounts were custom designed for each quad brand and model. Nowadays the click n Go all use universal mounts, which I wouldn't trust a universal for plowing. Just asking for a bent frame.

So when I traded the KQ in, nothing else was available for my 2 ATV's. I have an AC and Polaris. Both sell brand specific plows, and honestly AC's were better for putting on and off. And both require no additional mounts.

However, AC is pooping the bed right now since Textron bought them, so I got the polaris system and it is great. Got the poly plow. The only complaint is that to add it you have to guide it a tiny bit when attaching. The click n Go and the AC ones are almost touchless. But the polaris is very well built.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
You can find various grief with the Polaris systems on this forum. But maybe P might have addressed them in later versions. We got the quick mount system with our moose and contemplated making it work on our Boss but in the end I didn't..... It has to many parts to bend, ice up or not work. I leave the plow on all winter and use it about 5 days a week (yes we get snow here). And the 2 wire pins that holds it on I can remove or add in less than 2 minutes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can find various grief with the Polaris systems on this forum. But maybe P might have addressed them in later versions. We got the quick mount system with our moose and contemplated making it work on our Boss but in the end I didn't..... It has to many parts to bend, ice up or not work. I leave the plow on all winter and use it about 5 days a week (yes we get snow here). And the 2 wire pins that holds it on I can remove or add in less than 2 minutes.
The other main reason for going polaris was that I can buy any other polaris vehicle and only replace the mount portion. No need to buy a whole new system. And that was a selling point for me because like I said, u bolts and a universal mount I cannot feel good about on my frame.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I reached out to Motto Alliance on here and got their Denali plow system. I bought mine in 2016 so I am not sure what current prices are, when I bought mine they shipped it to my house and it was less then 1/2 of what the Polaris plow was going to cost me. I have been using it since 2016 and I have no complaints and don't see how the Polaris could be worth more than double the price. Once the mounting plate is in place it takes less then a minute to get the plow on and off. Two clips underneath and then hook the winch up.

Also from time to time they have scratch and dents that they sell even cheaper. If I ever bought a plow for another machine it would be from them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Scrolling down a few lines and just saw this, LOL.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I reached out to Motto Alliance on here and got their Denali plow system. I bought mine in 2016 so I am not sure what current prices are, when I bought mine they shipped it to my house and it was less then 1/2 of what the Polaris plow was going to cost me. I have been using it since 2016 and I have no complaints and don't see how the Polaris could be worth more than double the price. Once the mounting plate is in place it takes less then a minute to get the plow on and off. Two clips underneath and then hook the winch up.

Also from time to time they have scratch and dents that they sell even cheaper. If I ever bought a plow for another machine it would be from them.
Whatever your okay with is a good choice, I'll say one thing I hated about my click n Go. The mounting plate, I despises putting it on and off for the season. And it was required because the the quick clip on posts robbed me if 1-2 inches and caused me clearance Greig many times.

So for me, having no mount to seasonally deal with was why I spent more

·
Registered
397 Posts
I leave my mounting plate on year round, as 99% of my riding is just done on my property and around the immediate area. I have made a couple trips to Brimstone and the mounting plate did not cause any issues. That might be an issue depending on what type of riding you do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I leave my mounting plate on year round, as 99% of my riding is just done on my property and around the immediate area. I have made a couple trips to Brimstone and the mounting plate did not cause any issues. That might be an issue depending on what type of riding you do.
Groomed Trails, technical trails through Forrest, fire roads, rough shale , mud, you name it, Nova Scotia pretty much has it. I average about 2500-3000km per year easily. It's usually the Forrest trails and the shale areas that give an issue as there are a lot of spots that ground clearance matters.

I will say this about the click n Go mount, that thing was crazy heavy duty and also saved my frame a few times protecting it when bottoming out in huge rocks. I don't know the specs but it was very thick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My plate had two triangles that came down about 2" which the posts for the plow to click onto. So anything that challenged ground clearance hung up in them.

If you're mounts didn't cause this, then that's pretty good. It also, AC has some of the best ground clearance. I had a King Quad 750

1 - 14 of 14 Posts