Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided that I've worked enough over the past couple months and decided I'd like to take a month or two off. Is anyone doing some good riding in the midwest? I've got a new 850 that needs to get some miles on it

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I ride mine almost everyday plowing all this fricken snow here in northern indiana...as for any good riding that is a different story as this dept of snow makes pleasure riding a challenge for an ATV unless you can find some packed snow trails that allow ATV's. Best thing to do is pack up and head down to Windrock in Tenn...best riding in the country IMHO! I do that trip a couple times a year and spend 3 days there each time. 110,000 acres of awesome riding. I usually put 100+ miles on a day unless we are riding very technical trails which might take you an hour to go a mile if your lucky. Trail 57 is the best in the park. There is a switchback climb or decent on that trail that will make your pucker pucker.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been doing some great snow riding in IL. Fortunately I have area around home to ride. Hopefully out again Sat. if we don't get too much more snow...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
We've gone out a couple times lately (when the temp goes above 10 degrees). A few weeks ago it was 40F out, that was a fun Saturday! We don't have much snow around here (probably least amount in ND) so the snowmobiles just sit and the ATV's keep racking the miles on.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
I rode a few weeks back over at the Cliffs in Marseilles. Spent the day there. May try and get out next weekend if you are interested. I'll see what my schedule is like. Also, may try and make a run up to Dunbar in Wisc. sometime near the end of March. Not definite but looking to try and put something together. I know that doesn't help you out much at the moment but something to shoot for.

·
Registered
772 Posts
you will not be going very far in MI. The snow is over 2 feet deep. But if you want to push the banks back a bit you are more than welcome to come "play" in my drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts