Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Snow Shoe in the past few months? Friend of mine booked the 'Ride N Rest' Cabin for early may and about 10 of us are heading out there for a few days to play around on the trails. I have never been there personally but its only about a two hour drive for us as Im in the Poconos, PA. Ive watched some youtube videos and it seems like a decent place. Any first hand experience?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. We went in early May as planned. There is a lot of nice trails and quite a few miles of them. Tons of side trails we only had time to explore a few. The main trails are groomed and nice and smooth.
We saw maybe 4 other atvs in the two days we were there but the weather was rainy and it was a week day so I imagine it would be busier on a weekend. I'll try and post a few pics soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I said the same thing. We managed not to get wet hardly at all and there was little to no dust. Almost perfect riding conditions if it was about 10 degree warmer but im not complaining at all

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting another trip together for the beginning on October. Hopefully the weather works in our favor. Should be a good time to go with the leaves starting to change

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
How well are the trails marked?
Are the degree of the trails labeled? Like say Hatfield & McCoy, from easy to severe (green-blue-black-black/red).
Are there maps of the trail system?
How many days of riding could you do there?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How well are the trails marked?
Are the degree of the trails labeled? Like say Hatfield & McCoy, from easy to severe (green-blue-black-black/red).
Are there maps of the trail system?
How many days of riding could you do there?
I didn't notice any degree of difficulty labeling. The main trails are groomed really nice with mile markers labeled and signage . if you check out SSRTA they have trail maps there and you also get one with your "packet" when you join, which is only $20 a year for unlimited riding with no hours (24/7). As far as how may days its kind of tough to say really. We were there for about a day and a half of riding and def didn't run out of options. There are tons of side trails to explore but we only have time to check out a few. Its nice that they have a restaurant/shop you can get to with the machines though. that was a big help for food. The only thing that wasn't available once you were there was gas. had to have cans at the trucks or run a few miles up the road to get it.

They also have a trail connector to Bloody Skillet Trails system run by the state. When we were there we couldnt access it as it was closed for hunting season so im not sure what kind of trails are in that area

I have never been to Hatfield & McCoy but im going to assume its a bit scaled down from there (once again just an assumption on my end). Overall for a flat fee of $20 you cant beat it IMO

Reactions: bp405

·
Premium Member
9,914 Posts
Good to know. I have heard of ssrt and bloody skillet but haven't gotten around to riding them yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts