Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the ATV world. I've also got a bit of a sore back when I'm bent down too much. I've got a nice snowmobile lift for my sleds. Wondering how it would work for lifting my Sportman(s). Both are 2018. One is 450 and the other is 570.

If it's doable, how to do it? Any videos out there?

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Post of a picture of your Snowmobile lift. I am not familiar with them. If it's like a table lift, then no problem.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
I take it the center is open so the track is free? It could be adapted to work I would think. Difference between the weight center on a sled and ATV is different. I would hold the 2 sides together then the ATV then try to lift it. Maybe have to adjust the ATV forwards or backward to get the balance right. And it could be a little particular about the balance....like taking one wheel off could throw off the balance. Worth a shot anyway. Might just work.

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Cool! Good to know it works! Will it still be stable if you need to take one wheel off?

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
Good deal there! Nothing worse that having to stand on yer head to work on stuff. As I have gotten older I really appreciate the table lift I got a few years ago.....Lots easier on my back. Don't know it that gets the machine up high enough to stand and work but if not you could work off a creeper seat and still be comfortable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'm not working on the underside, I can stand and work. If I'm working on the really low stuff, I can sit on a bucket, and it's totally dreamy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed a winch today. Sometimes working on the low side...sometimes on the high side. Up and down probably four or five times today. Very sturdy even with all my wiggling around. Very pleased with how it worked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts