Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 polaris trail blazer 250. The steering shaft were it is attached to the frame on the bottom of it. Where the steering stops are. Theres a yoke or bushing there that is pop riveted to the cross member. Its loose it moves back and forth when you turn the wheels. To me drill out rivets and re attach with more rivets. Is it that simple? Or am I just dreaming that something could be that easy. Or maybe I'm missing something.
If anyone has a min give me some advice. The good the bad or even the ugly is welcome.
Thanks
Ron
PS send my motor out of my xplorer 400 to Latebird. Cant wait to get it back better than new like I know it will be

I wont tell you what I don't know

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2000 polaris trail blazer 250. The steering shaft were it is attached to the frame on the bottom of it. Where the steering stops are. Theres a yoke or bushing there that is pop riveted to the cross member. Its loose it moves back and forth when you turn the wheels. To me drill out rivets and re attach with more rivets. Is it that simple? Or am I just dreaming that something could be that easy. Or maybe I'm missing something.
If anyone has a min give me some advice. The good the bad or even the ugly is welcome.
Thanks
Ron
PS send my motor out of my xplorer 400 to Latebird. Cant wait to get it back better than new like I know it will be

Forgot a pic

·
Premium Member
3,836 Posts
I would say you are spot on. It could be that easy. Drill out the rivets and secure it with either new rivets or a bolt and nut. I would just try to match the size of the fastener so it's tight in the holes. You can check the bushing there while you have it out, take care of it if it's loose and add a grease zerk if it doesn't have one.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say you are spot on. It could be that easy. Drill out the rivets and secure it with either new rivets or a bolt and nut. I would just try to match the size of the fastener so it's tight in the holes. You can check the bushing there while you have it out, take care of it if it's loose and add a grease zerk if it doesn't have one.
I love to replace it with a nut and bolt but it barely has clearance on the part that the tie rod ends attach to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts