Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GAS IT!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a couple videos and the new Scrambler seems to hold it's own even against the Renegade 1000. Very impressive.

Have any of you lined up with any modified quads? If so, how did you do and what did you have on yours?

Video would be great! :cowboy:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Would like to know this as well. Would like to see more videos. Maybe against a few sport machines. Would also like to see a new 1000 actually do something more than a short drag race or short romp around a trail. Some serious riding would be nice to see. Hoping PoPo comes out with a Sportsman 1000! I would dump my 800 and pick one up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I lined mine up with a honda ex with a ninja50 motor on it an the scrambler was alil slow out of the hole but I come out on the big end by at least 3 bike lengths sorry no video

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
388 Posts
Artic cat 450
He had me to 90mph but he blew out a tire, crashed and died so I passed him for the win:fest06:
serious I've been trying to get my Can Am 1k buddy out but no luck so far, getting nice around here so I should have some news soon. Couple guys I ride with have modded 250r trikes I'd like to line up with as well

·
GAS IT!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Artic cat 450
He had me to 90mph but he blew out a tire, crashed and died so I passed him for the win:fest06:
serious I've been trying to get my Can Am 1k buddy out but no luck so far, getting nice around here so I should have some news soon. Couple guys I ride with have modded 250r trikes I'd like to line up with as well
I had an 85 ATC250R all Paul Turner'd out. I miss it. Got it brand new when I was 15. My little brother got one at the same time.

However, I had an 86 Tecate that was a Jimmy White replica that was one of the fastest machines I've ever had. It was all Klehm Racing'd out. Cal-Fab swimgarm and all. Hoosiers all around. I miss that one even more. I ran with the big boys (piped LT500R's, piped & ported Banshees) in the open class on some big ovals. It came down to which one of us three made a mistake because we were all right there. I once was practicing and stopped down by the sand pits on the way to the truck. A guy with a piped Banshee running Turf Tamers wanted to drag. I did. Keep in mind I was running Hoosiers. He barely beat me. I told him to take it up to the pavement and I'll race for pinks. He backed down.:cowboy:

But yeah...on the pavement...you get much better results. The traction issue is negated a lot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought I posted this before, but maybe not.
I lined up with a Renegade 1000 that had a cvtech clutch and full pipe. He had nitrous, too, but he didn't spray. I beat him the first time and he got me the second time. Just depended on who got the better launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Honda I raced with the ninja motor I belive was doing a lot of spinning.. but spinning ant wining so regardless I won... lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
Artic cat 450
I had an 85 ATC250R all Paul Turner'd out. I miss it. Got it brand new when I was 15. My little brother got one at the same time.

However, I had an 86 Tecate that was a Jimmy White replica that was one of the fastest machines I've ever had. It was all Klehm Racing'd out. Cal-Fab swimgarm and all. Hoosiers all around. I miss that one even more. I ran with the big boys (piped LT500R's, piped & ported Banshees) in the open class on some big ovals. It came down to which one of us three made a mistake because we were all right there. I once was practicing and stopped down by the sand pits on the way to the truck. A guy with a piped Banshee running Turf Tamers wanted to drag. I did. Keep in mind I was running Hoosiers. He barely beat me. I told him to take it up to the pavement and I'll race for pinks. He backed down.:cowboy:

But yeah...on the pavement...you get much better results. The traction issue is negated a lot.
I had a 85 and 86 Tecate the 86 was much more refined but the 85 would smoke it. Also I used to race a 89 lt 500 with a CT racing fully built motor. No one stayed near that quad.....many many mods and secret tricks done. None of my modded Tecate would have been a challenge. Either way I'm loving my scramy 1k

·
GAS IT!
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah. That 500 was pretty much stock. You can only go so fast around an oval and we were all riding he heck out of those things. Us top 3 anyways. The other was a bone stock. 88 TRX250R. They had the advantage in the corners but I made up for it.

Had an 85 Tecate with some goodies. It wouldn't hold a candle to my 86.

We ran 5th gear the whole track just like we still do with our 450 bikes. Yee haw!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Ran with a yfz450 and Honda 450r yesterday...I don't know what years, but they were both piped on aftermarket tires. The Honda didn't stand a chance and I didn't see him after the start, the yammi stayed on my side till about 40 and he said I had 2 lengths at the finish. Not sure if they had other mods, but that yfz was fast...I also had a 100 lbs easy on these guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A dodge neon at got nothing for it even went around it in a curve

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
A dodge neon at got nothing for it even went around it in a curve

I sure would hope a Dodge Neon didn't have anything for it, because if it wasn't an SRT-4 Neon, it was a total POS that you could probably outrun with most anything

·
Registered
294 Posts
Clutched, piped, chipped, renegade 800. Completely spank him off the line with my front end off the ground, then keeps pulling away steady.
Raced a couple brute force 750s, they're not even on the same planet as the 1000.

Raced a kfx450, spanked it.

So far havent lost a drag race yet, against quad or bike.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Clutched, piped, chipped, renegade 800. Completely spank him off the line with my front end off the ground, then keeps pulling away steady.
Raced a couple brute force 750s, they're not even on the same planet as the 1000.

Raced a kfx450, spanked it.

So far havent lost a drag race yet, against quad or bike.
i spanked a renegade 800 that had a hmf slip on, dalton clutch and fuel controller with my 850 scrambler. we lined up multiple times on the road. from a dead stop and rolling starts.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yes sir, I also have an 850 scrambler that my buddy was riding, he wasnt far behind me, but I put the stock tires off my 1000 on the 850 for pulling my mower around and not wrecking grass, the 1000 has 28" mega mayhems.

Also the guy with the 800 is my room mate, has worked on it every ride (literally) now his clutch is blown and none of his electrical works except the efi. Makes me laugh. .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts