Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice/recommendation on a set of lite rear UTV tires 26x11-12 needed for mainly very soft deep sand 65%, 15% gravel rd., 10% hard pack, 5% paved roads. 5% mud. All the reviews mention mainly mud lites, and very little sand lite tire brands! Looking for a tire that's lite but will dig well, reducing motor clutch overworking while slipping/spinning in lite sand. Appreciate any advice, Thanks, Steve

·
Premium Member
9,424 Posts
Bighorns are known to do well in sand. Along with being a very good trail tire. Plus they are on the lighter side of top tier tires.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your help BP405. A friend I rode with last yr. suggested the same brand tire. Do the Big Horns also run true to H & W. I would like to go no more narrow than 11' 'W, so if i ordered 11'' do you think they'll be real close to that width? And 26'' on height?
Is there another style like Wandas so that tire style/pattern would match my Mars mud lites on front a little better, but also to be true to size by tire manufacture.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Best rear lite aggressive sand tire, ''true to size'' 26x11-12 Not a Sand paddle, but similar in tread for pushing deep soft sand, that would also work well on pavement, gravel, hard pack. Somebody? Anybody? Help! True to size is really important! H & W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts