Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got an Ace in at the shop and it was on the floor for less than 24hrs before it sold. I think people are gonna love these things.

·
Registered
944 Posts
There been quite a few reports of dealers selling all of theirs before they were even delivered. Some dealers have a waiting list 4 deep.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same with my dealer here in Canada. I looked at it the day it came in. Went to show the wife two days later and it was gone. Dealer says they have a waiting list for them now.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
its the modern day Honda Oddesy with Ground clearnace. it will deff fit a market, maybe not for most of us on here, but there will be plenty sold. the question is, how long till they offer a 570 or 850 in one. maybe build one on an XP chassis.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Have only seen one at the big Wheels Inc. dealership in Fargo ND and it was on hold. Seems like they can't keep them in stock, sold before they even get them in.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Can I ask which marketing demographic it sold to..... Female, Begining Rider, Middle Aged Male, ect? As for some reason, a single seat RZR doesn't make sense to me.... :dunno:

·
Registered
286 Posts
its the modern day Honda Oddesy with Ground clearnace. it will deff fit a market, maybe not for most of us on here, but there will be plenty sold. the question is, how long till they offer a 570 or 850 in one. maybe build one on an XP chassis.
Wouldn't they be just like the Razor then?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Can I ask which marketing demographic it sold to..... Female, Begining Rider, Middle Aged Male, ect? As for some reason, a single seat RZR doesn't make sense to me.... :dunno:
Market demographic ? Everybody.... considering how well they're selling.
The pieguy's comment below is VERY common.

Same with my dealer here in Canada. I looked at it the day it came in. Went to show the wife two days later and it was gone. Dealer says they have a waiting list for them now.
Also they'll fit in the bed of a short bed truck.

The low price point HAS to be a huge factor too.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Market demographic ? Everybody....
"Everybody".... sorry, not I. A company would hope everyone, but it's highly unlikely. Would it be fun to try or beat on once or twice.... sure would!! But that doesn't mean I'll be on the waiting list to get one.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
But your not the entire demographic Matt. While i am guessing most buyers are new riders, I would imagine there are plenty of guys that would want one. 40ish guy at my work is considering trading his 550 in on one because his primary use is hunting, he likes all the built in storage and the protection from the elements with a few add ons. My wife is also interested in one( don't think so! ).

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
It should fit the market for older riders who want a little more comfort from a seat. I went and sat in one and to me it is pretty comfortable. If they would drop the 570 motor in it I just might get one as my next toy.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Doesn't make sense to me either. They look neat, but I just don't see the point. O well, they are selling like hot cakes so good for Polaris.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I sat in one today my buddy just put together. It's so lame. It doesn't seem like a good choice for any reason. The only reason it's selling is because it's completely different.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The point is having a comfortable seat, steering wheel, relaxed riding position, and foot controls that are similar to a car, with a roll cage, and still be able to fit on 50" trails.
Granted, this first model is way low on power.
But put a 60hp engine in it, and I'll sell my RZR S and buy one.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
To me, it looks and seems like a more "mature" and safer version of a typical go-cart. Sure its not too powerful and isn't as low to the ground, but it does have the relaxing look of a center single-seat design with the added protection and off-road ability. Its like an off-roading go-cart in my eyes. I have no use in a 2 nor 4 seat RZR and love my 850, but if they came out with a 850 or 1k version of the ACE I would most likely pick one up! Either as a trade or in addition to my 850; love the agility of the atv but would love the "lounging" feeling of sitting in the ACE (assuming I do find it "lounging" once there's one available at stealership so I can sit in it).

·
Registered
377 Posts
I forgot to mention:
This weekend I went riding in my RZR. It was VERY sloppy wet/muddy out.
I got mud all down my left shoulder and leg.
The roof didn't block the rain very well on my left side either.
An Ace with a center seat position would solve that nicely.

I bought the RZR so that my wife could ride with me, but she doesn't much.
I also bought it so that when my dad got too old to ride an ATV, he could drive or ride in the RZR.
But his heart is having difficulties, and we don't want him to be too far out in the middle of nowhere.
So I don't really need the double seat anymore.

I still ride my Grizzly, and I love it.
But I also love the RZR for longer trips where I'd get fatigued on the Grizzly, and/or I want sun/wind/rain protection.
The problem is I am severely limited on what trails I can take the RZR on, and it causes problems for going on rides with people who own ATVs.

So an Ace with a big engine is very attractive to me.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The point is having a comfortable seat, steering wheel, relaxed riding position, and foot controls that are similar to a car, with a roll cage, and still be able to fit on 50" trails.

They already make what you describe...the standard RZR 570 or 800.

·
Registered
377 Posts

They already make what you describe...the standard RZR 570 or 800.
Two inches wider at least. That two inches is important when you rub fenders on the bridges on trail systems.
Also, see my later post about a center seat.
Weight would be a factor too. The Ace is 200 lbs lighter than the 570.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The roof on the ace is pointless as it's tiny and too far above your head to do anything. As far as bigger motors I don't see them doing that. They designed that little motor just for the ace and I'll bet it's the only one ever offered because more power would make it unstable.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did just notice that it was pretty narrow, but I can see plastic roof kits extending further, and if the thing throws less mud than a RZR does, that's a big help.
But that's all speculation, like the motor size. We'll wait and see.

Why so negative? Is this new model a personal affront to you? You don't have to buy one.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts