Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

Been putting off trying to get my wheeler running right, so what does it do, dump some snow. Crap. Now I have to fix it as it's my main source for plowing.

I've commented and posted my own issues with misc electrical issues, and after throwing a brand spankin new wiring harness I figured everything was good. Nope. Dead wrong.

The issue at hand is, when I plow, I can get a few good passes in, then the idle would just skyrocket, can't put in park, just have to kill it. Upon restarting, idle is perfect. This took me down a long rabbit hole of how to troubleshoot sensors, the first and most posted about on various sites was the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), ok read into that, gotta build the test harness if I wanna test it. Also mentioned was a few other sensors, but I didn't get into that to much as I was going to hit the TPS first.

Go out today to start ripping into it, giving it a look over only to find something peculiar. Can you spot it in the photo?

Turns out, an entire bolt is missing from the end of the intake that connects to the motor. The other bolt was close to coming out as well. Thinking on it now, the symptoms I was experiencing 100% relate to my discovery. I've done some moderate plowing with nothing going wrong, hopefully is solves the current issue.

Although looking at the TPS wasn't a bad path imo, I'm glad I didn't have to do the testing. It was a huge oversight and I'm a dumbass for not seeing that sooner. If anything should change, I'll update this post with my next screwup.

Thanks for reading along and remember to pay attention to simple sh*t.

·
Premium Member
3,837 Posts
Don't beat yourself up about it. We have all done something similar. Glad you found the problem though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts