Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a gorgeous day for a ride in the mountains of Colorado today. Thought I would share some pictures. I realized too late I put the wrong month on it, but don't know how to change it. It's hell getting old. :)

Saxton Mnt Oct 2 2013 Slideshow by BobX2 | Photobucket

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Nice pics Bob. Still no snow here. The leaves are still changing color many are still green, and have just started to fall. Kind of strange, usually by Halloween the leaves are down three inches thick in the ground. This year I have none on the lawn, however I think by this weekend it will be a different story.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Beautiful pics Bob. We've got 6" to 8" of snow coming tomorrow night but it's sure not the mountains. I put ours in storage this past weekend and started getting geared up for snowmobiling season. Looking forward to getting back to Colorado soon for some more great mountain riding. Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You're really living the dream out there. I was browsing real estate in CO the other day...

·
Registered
764 Posts
great pics as usual bob!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks Bob, you always have some nice trial pics. I would love to ride out that way some time. In the mean time Go Broncos!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice pictures! Looks like a great place to ride. We have snow in our forcast for tomorrow, but I don't think it will amount to much.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice shots...I would also love to come to Colorado and ride.........was out there once in 1985 for Annual Training when I was in the National Guard.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great pics Bob. How do you like the Rockers for snow use? A couple weeks ago, I just did my first snow ride on my new 850 which came with Rockers. At 8000', I promptly got it buried in deep snow. It was early on in the ride and didn't really get a chance to give the tires a true test.

·
Super Moderator
6,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They will find traction where no other tire will, if you don't get high centered first. :ponder: I guess at that point no tire will do much for you. On hard packed snow or icy conditions they lack a little grip compared to my Bighorns. That, I think, is because they put less rubber in contact with the surface. Overall for trail riding in the snow they seem to work better than any other tire I've used.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great pics! Looks like a gorgeous place to view and ride.

·
Registered
470 Posts
They will find traction where no other tire will, if you don't get high centered first. :ponder: I guess at that point no tire will do much for you. On hard packed snow or icy conditions they lack a little grip compared to my Bighorns. That, I think, is because they put less rubber in contact with the surface. Overall for trail riding in the snow they seem to work better than any other tire I've used.
Thanks. That's what I was wanting to know. I have Grim Reapers on my 550. They are good in snow, but I don't think they would have made any difference where I was at. As you say, once you're high centered, tires are all the same. I was well and truly stuck. Too bad too because we only made it a few miles in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts