Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are a hell of a lot happier than Can Am owners.
I've googled reviews of the Scrambler 850 and almost any form of bashing comes directly out of a Can Am forum. And most of it is not even based upon facts. It is all just strong piss and vinegar opinion.

Oddly, if one enters the Can Am brotherhood they are then bombarded with endless grinding brake, electrical issue, limp mode, noisy engine, weak suspension, frame breakage threads.
They are almost as prevalent as 'My Can Am beat a _____ in a drag race' threads.

Polaris owners seem a lot happier overall.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Funny you say of the problems of the Can Ams..I had to go to dealer yesterday to get a new rope an handle combo for pull start..we got talking..they are a Can Am dealer also...he was telling me thy had 4 machines come in in the last 5 weeks with frame breakage...said Cam Am lightened frame to keep them light an fast....but he also said Polaris has a great frame...never had one come in..but said polaris has electrical gremlins...bad connections are #1 problem...he said they offer a service of cleaning all connections on older machines..but new ones get it before out the door....

This place is huge...they do the service on all the LEO machines...always see them there for service...

So yes Polaris owners are happier...

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
wow and if you even mention how nice the Polaris is over there at Can Am they go crazy

·
Registered
944 Posts
Wow. Cracked Am still having frame breaking issues ?

Yea, there's a lot of dinks over there. Insecure d-bags for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,352 Posts
there is one guy I ride with out of all the canned ham riders that isn't an insecure little girl about his toy. all the others definitely have manhood issues. this hobby is relatively new to me. as far as recreational pass times go and the types of people I affiliated with I have never in my life met a group of people that were so defensive, insecure, miserable, propagandists, and down right liars.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I had a can am before my polaris and i love my polaris. I highly liked my can am but never loved it and i noticed can am and grizzly guys are the same way. They always have the best

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Can Ams are so rare in my area I've never had an opportunity to feel much affection for them.

·
Registered
944 Posts
there is one guy I ride with out of all the canned ham riders that isn't an insecure little girl about his toy. all the others definitely have manhood issues. this hobby is relatively new to me. as far as recreational pass times go and the types of people I affiliated with I have never in my life met a group of people that were so defensive, insecure, miserable, propagandists, and down right liars.
Absolutely true. All of it. It's a very real and truly odd phenomena.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Can Ams are so rare in my area I've never had an opportunity to feel much affection for them.
Same in Oregon. go figure just next door! Anyway I was very interested in the Can Am 650 but could not find one and only 1 of the 20 or so guys that I ride with has one and it is a different model.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dont get me wrong, my Can Am was a beast! However, it had so many gremlins. And it was a beast to ride. It was always all or nothing. I tore the heck out of a lot of fallen trees and rocks on it.
But, I felt just as beat up after the ride. lol

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
They are a hell of a lot happier than Can Am owners.
I've googled reviews of the Scrambler 850 and almost any form of bashing comes directly out of a Can Am forum. And most of it is not even based upon facts. It is all just strong piss and vinegar opinion.

Oddly, if one enters the Can Am brotherhood they are then bombarded with endless grinding brake, electrical issue, limp mode, noisy engine, weak suspension, frame breakage threads.
They are almost as prevalent as 'My Can Am beat a _____ in a drag race' threads.

Polaris owners seem a lot happier overall.
Do you think maybe they are so unhappy because they got talked into a high priced POS that wont do anything any better than a comparable Polaris. I know if someone had talked me into spending big bucks for a Can Am, it better be the greatest thing to ever wear a belt, and they aren't according to the numerous posts I've read here and at the canned ham forum. They break just like everything else, have electrical gremlins like everything else and they have all these things at a very inflated price compared to a Polaris. I'd be unhappy as hell also if I owned one

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can am enthusiasts are the same as every Harly Davidson Riding Dingle Barry muncher I've ever met. Hey look at me and how much money I spent! " and will continue to spend fixing the pos. I spent all that money on" haha I'd rather be riding my Yamaha then fixing my Harley. And I would rather be riding my popo. Rather then working on my high priced can am paperweight.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I dont have much experience with Can Am products but do have two buddies that ride them. One friend does have limp mode/electrical problems and the other friend has a three wheel drive machine. That visco-lock or whatever it is called is a bunch of crap. Every time that he is in a technical 4wd situation only one front tire spins. I always yell out to him "hey dude your 4wd is broke, your only spinning one front tire". I say it being polite and act like I dont know. Im sure he knows and is tired of hearing it, lol.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Can am enthusiasts are the same as every Harly Davidson Riding Dingle Barry muncher I've ever met. Hey look at me and how much money I spent! " and will continue to spend fixing the pos. I spent all that money on" haha I'd rather be riding my Yamaha then fixing my Harley. And I would rather be riding my popo. Rather then working on my high priced can am paperweight.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Good analogy! My buddy has Harleys and he not only spends 30k or more for a new one every few years but he notes he puts almost $2k in maintenance and repairs annually. I love the Harley's as they look great but I would rather spend $2k a year on beer and good meals and ride my Honda. It runs and rides flawlessly and costs a 1/3 what the Harley does and is superior in every way except resale value.

One more thing, walked into the local Harley shop looking for boots and was amazed they only sell junk Chinese boots with Harley on the side and no one would talk to me. I guess I wasn't wearing a Chinese made Harley shirt or belt buckle so I was a lesser person. Another thing is you have to wear all their Chinese made junk clothes to complete the ensemble. I love to wear my Honda shirt when I ride my Polaris.

I feel ride what you want and we are all ATVers or mototcyclists and we should support the sport, not the brands. That is the job of the OEM to sell there brand and make it a brand worty of pride.

Guess what Harley did? Almost every model is now liquid cooled this year because all the rich yuppie owners are tired of burning their legs sitting in traffic or having their $30k overheat.

I can tell you from experience you can't beat the Rotax engine on the CanAm but everything else is just marketing BS to justify their price tag which is not justifiable.

My XP will get through stuff that a CanAm won't even attempt. If you noticed the military is buying Polaris, not CanAm. There is a reason for that and it's not price but reliability and performance.

I have to admit though I spent $10 on my Polaris today. Winch cable broke! Fricken POS Polaris..should have bought CanAm cable as it has to be tougher as it gets used more.:rotflmao: Mine broke from plowing BTW, have only made about 3000 plow lifts this year on my Homemade Lowes cable. Going to try fabric tow strap this time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I ride with a group that's a split down the middle of CanAms, Polaris, and a sprinkle of Yamaha's so we all talk and swap rides all of the time over the years.

It's just personal preference at the end but the general consensus for our group is that Polaris has a better ride, Asian bikes have the best reliability, and Can Ams have the best sound and the most Giddy up.

Half of the group that has Can Ams only when that way because of the 1000cc motor, and I know that a portion of that group has stated that if Polaris comes out with a 1000 motor then they would switch back to Polaris.

So it sounds like you need to know what's important to you and buy a bike that meets that need.

Also if you beat the crap out of your machine every time you go to out, you know what that means, you are going to have to fix stuff no matter what machine you have. So broken frames, ball joints, axels, ect, that's the price you pay if you want to play hard.

At the end of the day, who cares what machine you have as long as you are having fun!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ride with a group that's a split down the middle of CanAms, Polaris, and a sprinkle of Yamaha's so we all talk and swap rides all of the time over the years.

It's just personal preference at the end but the general consensus for our group is that Polaris has a better ride, Asian bikes have the best reliability, and Can Ams have the best sound and the most Giddy up.

Half of the group that has Can Ams only when that way because of the 1000cc motor, and I know that a portion of that group has stated that if Polaris comes out with a 1000 motor then they would switch back to Polaris.

So it sounds like you need to know what's important to you and buy a bike that meets that need.

Also if you beat the crap out of your machine every time you go to out, you know what that means, you are going to have to fix stuff no matter what machine you have. So broken frames, ball joints, axels, ect, that's the price you pay if you want to play hard.

At the end of the day, who cares what machine you have as long as you are having fun!
Well said Smoothbassman.

I started reading this thread because it said "Something I've noticed about Polaris owners..."

All I found out it was about Can Am bashing. Is that what Polaris owners are all about?

I'm sure we all have our stories. My sisters-boyfriend's-brother had a Can am. My great grandfathers-brother's-son had a Polaris.

Bottom line they're fun toys. As long as you are having fun, it's the best machine for you. For me, just being out with my riding buddies is all it takes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's like anything else if u buy a ford chev or dodge someone is always bashing?I have a 2012 850 polaris and when other people on different machines bash u it's jealousy?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Well said Smoothbassman.

I started reading this thread because it said "Something I've noticed about Polaris owners..."

All I found out it was about Can Am bashing. Is that what Polaris owners are all about?

I'm sure we all have our stories. My sisters-boyfriend's-brother had a Can am. My great grandfathers-brother's-son had a Polaris.

Bottom line they're fun toys. As long as you are having fun, it's the best machine for you. For me, just being out with my riding buddies is all it takes.
go on the can am forums and tell them your thinking about getting a 850xp. you will see alot more bashing over there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Funny but unfortunately true. Like others said you can't even mention a Polaris without the hate coming out. Not all that way, but as a whole a very insecure group when it comes to their toys.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts