Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some help on my kid's scrambler 50 that won't start. Over the winter I rebuilt the top end and bought a new carb. I went aftermarket with everything but I don't think that's my problem. The quad was starting a running just fine but then sat a few weeks, maybe a month and now it won't start at all. When I rebuilt the top end I cleaned both the oil and gas tanks out and put new fuel lines on and a new fuel filter. I've checked the compression again and I'm getting 100-110 psi with a really old pressure unit so I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've got good spark on a new plug. I'm getting gas to the carburator. I've taken the carb apart just to make sure that the float appears to be working right and that the jets are clear and they are. The boot between the carb and the reed valves is wet when I try starting it so that tells me that the carb is good as it should be. I've cleaned the read valves but did not buy new ones. There are no gaps when closed. Yet, when I pull the plug after trying to start the machine it is bone dry. What gives? I'd appreciate any help I can get. I'm about at my whits end with this thing. One more thing....I've messed with the carb adjustments multiple times with still no luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts