Polaris ATV Forum banner

Sound Like a Plan?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AD18 
#1 · (Edited)
Have a stock 2013 Sportsman 500 HO with factory rims, factory Carlisle AT489 25x8.00-12 front tires, and factory Carlisle AT489 25x10.00-12 rears. Going to get some ITP SS212 machined 12" (12-7) rims and move the current tires to the new rims telling dealer I need the bolt pattern for ATV. When the Carlisles wear out, I only have 500-600 miles on them, upgrade to 26" Maxxis Bighorn 2's in 26-9R-12 front and 26-11R-12 on rear. Is this a clean upgrade without the need for spacers, lift kits, etc? This tire/wheel upgrade stuff is a science on its own, harder than buying the machine:) Thanks for advice.

#2 ·
If those SS wheels have a 4+3 offset, and I would assume they do, then you will be all set. You will be pleased with that tire and wheel combination.

#3 ·
Thanks bobx2 I was doing some more research on the ITP web page tonight and found a wheel chart and saw:

SS Alloy SS212 F/R 12x7 4/156 4+3 Machined w/ Black

The 4+3 was listed under the offset column. So I should be good in your estimation? Thanks!!!!

#4 ·
That will work just fine , nice selection.

#5 ·
Yep, you'll be all set. That's the correct bolt pattern too.

#6 ·
When pricing, check out rocky mountain ATV. I got my SS108s there.

Sean

#7 ·
I got my pricing from a local cycle shop. The guy there is very aggressive with his pricing. $400 for 4 wheels and $30 for all the lug nuts. $20 to swap all 4 tires over. Living in Canada all the US online dealers we get killed on shipping, taxes/duties at the border, and exchange rate (good and bad sometimes).

#8 ·
I didn't even notice you were from Canada...

Sean

#11 ·
Just called about one of the other rims that caught my eye and they are all gone across the board. At those prices not surprised. Kind of confused as to them selling STI wheels when they do not show in the normal catalog. Maybe a special buy. Thanks for the tip one way or the other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.