Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Southern wisconsin ride(DUNBAR now in march)

anybody up for a cheese trail run or any others in the area, Possibly looking at next month right after the first

EDIT**** looks like possibly heading up to dunbar in march. Any takers let me know.im looking at getting a cabin for the night

·
Registered
455 Posts
I live in Monroe wi so let me know

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Those trails are currently closed to anything other than snowmobiling for now. Check out their website.

http://tricountytrails.com/

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn I missed the snowmobiling part. maybe just look into going up to dunbar early march

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
damn I missed the snowmobiling part. maybe just look into going up to dunbar early march
Well nice thing about Dungood trails is that they are open all year round except during the thaw. They groom their trails for ATVs, utv, and snowmobiles to ride all year. I've yet to go there but hear good things.

Dun-Good Riders

They give updates periodically to let you know if they are opened or closed. Check out the site.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunbar it is. now just need a cpl of guy to go with, I don't riding alone in places ive never been. How about march time frame? Any takers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dunbar it is. now just need a cpl of guy to go with, I don't riding alone in places ive never been. How about march time frame? Any takers?
I'm game to ride, I have never been up there but have a few friends that live up there and they are always saying I should come up.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good. Ill be coming up from Milwaukee. So im thinking a cabin for the night seem to be relatively inexpensive. If anybody is interested in going in on a cabin let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I'm definitely interested. Just depends when. I'll be coming from Chicago. Most likely will have a buddy coming along. Cabin sounds good too. Are you thinking a long weekend?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im in Milwaukee so, I figured leave early in am ride for a day then stay in the cabin and get up and ride again.

cabin info I saw:
Fully furnished house in Dunbar on the atv/snowmobile trail.
90 miles from Green Bay.
Sleeps 4-7, Direct TV, VHS, DVD
1-4 $65 p/night. Each additional person after 4 is $5 per night.
so 4-6 ppl very reasonable.
thinking early march

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
im in Milwaukee so, I figured leave early in am ride for a day then stay in the cabin and get up and ride again.

cabin info I saw:
90 miles from Green Bay.
thinking early march
That sounds good. I was planning a Friday, early arrival or Saturday. If I come on Friday I'll head back home on Sunday. If I arrive on Saturday, I'll leave on Monday. Well, that's the plan I have in my head. They allow you to ride at night too. Not sure up until when but I know that some allow you to ride all night while others are up to around 11pm. Night riding would be pretty cool.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

cabin info I saw:
90 miles from Green Bay.
thinking early march
That sounds good. I was planning a Friday, early arrival or Saturday. If I come on Friday I'll head back home on Sunday. If I arrive on Saturday, I'll leave on Monday. Well, that's the plan I have in my head. They allow you to ride at night too. Not sure up until when but I know that some allow you to ride all night while others are up to around 11pm. Night riding would be pretty cool.
That sounds good to me. I don't work so I game for those days.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts

cabin info I saw:
90 miles from Green Bay.
thinking early march
That sounds good to me. I don't work so I game for those days.
I wish I had that problem. I teach PE so it's pretty close to not working...most of the time.

By the way, looking to ride Sunday at the Cliffs if you're interested. Probably my buddy and I.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good, but im the middle of a move and damn flu..

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
We're 2 hours from Monroe, WI. The cheese trail is a great ride for families. Let us know if you guys want to hit up any off road parks.
https://www.facebook.com/NorthernRider2013
It's about a two and a half hour ride for me. I'd do it but I'd bring my trike, not my quad. Seems like the quad is just too big for those trails. Did it once before and prefer the 3 wheeler instead. But, I'd love to hit them again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts