Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im from the Woodstock area. Anyone know any good trails around here. I know of some but its always nice to fine new ones.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hi there.. I'm in lucan and there are some trails around here if you're willing to drive about 50mins.. Where are the trail heads in woodstock?.. Might head that way sometime and check them out.. Are they public trails or do you need a pass?..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trails here are mostly County owned flood plains. Some farmers allow us on there property in the area as well. We ride Tillsonburg area trails too Are there lots of trails in Lucan?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
nice to hear there's some public land to ride on somewhere in southern ontario.. There is no public land anwhere near me so I had to join a club that operates a pretty decent trail system 15mins outside lucan (on the way to grand bend).. I joined to avoid any hassles since thats where I ride most.. I'd really be screwed for trails if I got banned or something.. I'd say 90% of the guys I see on the trails don't have passes though..
If you hear of any more public trails drop me a line.. Always looking for somewhere new to ride.. The same trails over and over again gets a little dull!..

·
Registered
282 Posts
GOLPH12-- I would be interested in driving to the Lucan area. What club did you join? How many km of trails are there and where do they start? Could I get more info from you? I presently run rail bed in the Walkerton area and the Shelburne area. I would appreciate any info I can get. I have caught a trail at Innerkip but it was only a small ride. Cannot find any other trail info in that area.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The club is called "ausible river riders".. go to "ausibleriverriders.ca" and you can get an idea of what they offer.. If I had to guess, I'd say there's approx 60 to 80 kms of trails between two trail system's they operate.. Both trail heads start in parkhill, but they'd have my ass if I posted the specific start points.. You'll see that I posted earlier that I saw lots of riders last year without a pass on the trails, but if you go to the webste you'll also see that this year, they've put some focus on cracking down on riders without a pass.. You can of course get a day or weekend pass if you just wanted to try them out.. I'm always just happy to see another machine on the trails, so it personally doesn't bother me to see a guy out there without a pass as long as he's not tearing the trails apart or causing ruts that cost money to repair.. The pass is $175 and if you work two 3hr trail maintenance days you get $50 back.. Its worth checking out if the drive isn't to much of a hassle for you..

·
Registered
282 Posts
golf12--Thanks for the info. I will check out. I think my membership that I have will allow me on these trails but if not I will gladly buy a pass. TIP

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm from the Hamilton area and am a member of HAAC. Our trails are just outside of Dunneville if you are looking for a fun trail to ride. For the same reasons as golf12 I can't post the trailheads but if you guys ever want to try them out I am more than willing to show you around as I am out there almost every weekend. You can post here or look me up on the HAAC forum

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm from the Hamilton area and am a member of HAAC. Our trails are just outside of Dunneville if you are looking for a fun trail to ride. For the same reasons as golf12 I can't post the trailheads but if you guys ever want to try them out I am more than willing to show you around as I am out there almost every weekend. You can post here or look me up on the HAAC forum
I'm in St. Catharines, and I would be interested in the trails in your area, I am a member of Quad Niagara, and have a trail permit, not sure if it's any good in your area or not. Quad Niagara have exactly "0" trails. Needless to say I won't be re-newing my membership.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tried one of the HAAC trails outside of Dunnville last weekend - awesome! Pretty muddy this time of year, but a blast anyway.

There is a garage / gas station near buy that sells the trail passes (we paid $20 for the day to try it, or you can pay $150 for an annual pass to all OFATV trails).

It was well worth the $20 and we will definitely go back.

Only thing I can't seem to find is a good map of all the trails - seems to be a big secret! They didn't even have a map for the one guy in our group who bought an annual pass.

I think it would be good to share this information as I'm sure there are many other trails near me that I am not aware of. If I knew about them, I'd spring for the annual pass versus the day pass.

St. Williams is another area we ride. Some of the trails are quite narrow and can be a challenge. Also, lots of motocross bikes so you have to be careful.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tried one of the HAAC trails outside of Dunnville last weekend - awesome! Pretty muddy this time of year, but a blast anyway.

There is a garage / gas station near buy that sells the trail passes (we paid $20 for the day to try it, or you can pay $150 for an annual pass to all OFATV trails).

Only thing I can't seem to find is a good map of all the trails - seems to be a big secret! They didn't even have a map for the one guy in our group who bought an annual pass.

I think it would be good to share this information as I'm sure there are many other trails near me that I am not aware of. If I knew about them, I'd spring for the annual pass versus the day pass.

St. Williams is another area we ride. Some of the trails are quite narrow and can be a challenge. Also, lots of motocross bikes so you have to be careful.
Where in st williams do u ride... are u talking the forestry farm trails? We did ride Turkey Point until the mnr closed most of the trails:damnit: Im from Tillsonburg. There is a place on the reserve in Oshwekin that has 50 acres of trails.. $12.00 a day on private property.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes the forestry farm trails. Not as many as there used to be, but still enough to ride for the better part of a day.

I went to the place in Oshwekin as well (B&D ATV Trails). Pretty decent trails. The day we went he had a hot dog cart set-up and a fire going where you could sit down and have lunch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did not realize that the OFATV pass I bought from Quad Niagara would be good on all OFATV trails. Good to know, Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yes the forestry farm trails. Not as many as there used to be, but still enough to ride for the better part of a day.

I went to the place in Oshwekin as well (B&D ATV Trails). Pretty decent trails. The day we went he had a hot dog cart set-up and a fire going where you could sit down and have lunch.
Have yet to check out B&D Trails ,Thanks for the info, going to have to get there for a ride sometime. Too bad Turkey Point got closed It was a great place to ride.:slomo:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any of the OFATV trails still open this time of year? With the big thaw this weekend was thinking it would be good to get out again.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Any of the OFATV trails still open this time of year? With the big thaw this weekend was thinking it would be good to get out again.
Not sure ,but i think most of them are for snowmobiles now. check their website to see for sure.We have a railbed that we use ,but we stay off it when threre is snow .the snowmobile club gets really pissed off at atvs around here. when snow is gone we rip er up the railbed lol :cowboy:

·
Registered
282 Posts
As ar as I know the trails are mostly used May 1 to Nov 30 for ATV's. The rest of the year for snowmobiles. There are a lot of sled trails using farmer's private land and the land is not damaged with a layer of frozen ice, but when snow and ice are gone a lot of rutting and compaction would be done with ATV's. If we were to use and damage fields the prviledge to use these would soon disappear. A lot of trails are on hay, wheat, and pasture fields and even the snowmobile clubs shut them down if there is insufficiant snow and ice cover. You would just be cutting your own throught in the future to run on these trails. Permission would soon disappear and everyone would suffer. Same with a lot of the swamps that are regulated by the Ministry.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I guess im lucky where i ride . The farmer has no issues with us ridin in the fields. He just comes in the spring and turfs it all up. Does not bother him at all. Just dont ride through his planted crops... now he will be pissed. He plants corn or soybeans.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's good, a bunch of guys in my area that will allow me to expand - I'm between Brantford & Simco. To the best of my knowledge there is on paid trails here other than for sleding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm from Oakville for when I move back home from work up north in Thunday Bay.

Where in st williams do u ride... are u talking the forestry farm trails? We did ride Turkey Point until the mnr closed most of the trails:damnit: Im from Tillsonburg. There is a place on the reserve in Oshwekin that has 50 acres of trails.. $12.00 a day on private property.
Thats good to know about dunneville, and Oshweken. I go to Oshweken a lot for the dirt track races.. I'll have to go for an over night thing, go to the races friday night and ride all day saturday. Good to read this info :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts