Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 sportsman 570 base model: rad relocate, snorkels, rvs stage 3 tune, 26in Pro armor attack tires. The question i have is i wanna go with pro armor 27in dagger tires, no lift. im not worried about rims or offsets or rubbing i have trimmed the plastic on the fender a little barley noticeable. but they are very heavy tires at 36lbs front and 40lbs rear. i know a QSC clutch from RVS in needed. im worried about broken axles. ( no lift) . with no lift should this be a problem. Or is a 28in ITP mega mayhem a better choice still no lift and a little lighter of a tire. the pro armor DAGGER tire is just real nice and 8 ply too hence the added weight. thanks for any info

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
I don't think they are to heavy from the point of needing new axels. At that weight I do feel the QSC clutch kit is necessary!!!! As far as the 27" Daggers vs the 28" Mayhems it's a wash!!! The added weight vs the added diameter off set each other. So at that point let clearance vs tread pattern be the determining factor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response . i wasnt expecting a answer straight forward like that. alot times in the forums you get kinda answers. thanks exactly what i was looking for. the Pro Armor daggers it is. thanks again. ill post a couple pics when they come in.

·
Premium Member
12,401 Posts
Just remember if and when you do get into any deeper mud 3 big factors in preventing axle breakage are: right thumb, to much throttle can get you in trouble; turning the handlebars from lock to lock puts the front axles at extreme angles; also be extra careful when reversing out or just backing up, that puts a lot more load on the front axles which are weaker then the rears obviously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts