Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm planning to change all the transmission/diff oils in my 02 700 twin.

I bought a manual online, but am still a bit unsure, especially of the amounts and checking the levels.

Could some of you out there please advise me of the correct amounts and types of oil for the transmission, and front and rear diffs.

I plan to just buy the Polaris stuff, as there is a dealer in town.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just ask your dealer for a spec sheet if you do not have one.My 800 does not have a way to check the fluids just drain it and put the right amount back in.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
they have fill plugs and drain plugs

The front gearcase takes a different fluid than all the others. Don't use the Angle drive fluid (or any other) in the front. The front diff is the most important to use the correct fluid, Polaris Premium Demand Drive fluid. It should be 3/4" from the bottom of the fill plug threads on the 600/700 twin centralized Hilliard front gear case. It takes 5 ounces/ 150ml.

AGL for the trans. (13.5 oz/ 400ml) 1 5/8" from the top of the fill hole

Angle Drive Fluid for the rear (5 oz ) 1 5/8" from the top of the fill hole
All the fluids on the twins should be full synthetic.

of course you will want to cross refrence what i remember here with what the dealer says. i am 95% sure i am right here, but the oil thing is very confusing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you.

That's very helpful Blueline.

I was concerned about how small the amounts were, especially the 150ml in the diffs.

It seems so little, but my manual says the same.

Also a little odd about the measuring from the bottom of the threads. Seems a strange way to do it, but that's in the manual too.

Just wanted to be sure, so I don't break anything.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
cant blame you for being so careful! its way different then a car thats for sure. i deal with people all day who almost dont believe my at the shop when i try to tell them this....its just the way it works.

good luck there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts