Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Depends on the tire. A lot of tires run a bit smaller than the advertised height. Some tires run a little bigger than advertised height. You probably won't need spacers, and if you find that you do, you'd be better off buying replacement wheels with the proper offset instead of spacers.

What tires are you looking at putting on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have 27 in Rip Saws on my 850 touring. They rub on the brace by the rear foot rest. You can grind off about a 1/4 in of the metal piece and they will clear. I just ride mine and after 700 mi they hardly rub any more at all. If I had to do it over I would get the 26 in tires. Power and gas mileage both took a dump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was looking at the kenda exocutioner. i havent heard anyone talk about motoxmall.com but they have those in 27" with several wheel options mouted and shipped for 725. if rubbing is possible i may just go with the 26" to be safe.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Are you talking about wheel spacers or spring spacers? It isn't the height of the tire that is the issue, it is the width. You can get away with some 9" wide tires up front, but you will have to flip the tie rod ends. Normally any tire wider than 8" you will need spacers or a wheel with a 4+3 offset.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts