Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace my winch control today. In the process, while plugging in the ignition switch wire on the winch control harness, I noticed another ignition hot femal spade right next to the one for the winch. Is this a spare for aftermarket stuff? Or is something supposed to be plugged in there?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I used mine for handle bar warmers. It could be used for anything that is switched. There is also a ground with a connector as well however when I used it for the handle bar warmers it stopped the 4x4 working. If I ground out to frame its perfect so that's what I did.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
As stated, that is an accessory plug that will have juice when the key is on. Orange w a white stripe is Polaris code for "keyed power".

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10/4- that's perfect. I'll just run it straight to my power block. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
421 Posts
my 550 has 3 ign wires by battery. I used 2 of them for a fuse block. and fused everything. all tho all 3 ign wires are off of the same wire.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The block I want just has one input for an ignition hot source, and then I guess a relay switches the other circuits on the block itself. Should be super easy with that wire right there. I was worried I'd have to tear into my bike to find one and then do some horrible hack job to splice into it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts