Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a spare key for my 03 Sportsman? Can Wally World cut me one or will I have to go through a dealer to get one? I'm sure a dealer will want to rip me off!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Also wondering this !!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Will need to get the code off the key and get a blank at the dealer or E-Bay
Any place that cuts keys can duplicate the original

**I think the blank was like $3.50 at the dealer.....similar cost on EBay once postage was calculated

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just got two spares cut yesterday. I just pulled the one I had out of the key boot, got the code off of it and ordered two spares from a Polaris shop on the internet along with an extra boot. I then ran to the hardware store where I figured that they might be more experienced as compared to the kid at the Home Depot. They didn't even charge me for cutting them. Also they didn't have any blanks resembling our Polaris keys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got two spares cut yesterday. I just pulled the one I had out of the key boot, got the code off of it and ordered two spares from a Polaris shop on the internet along with an extra boot. I then ran to the hardware store where I figured that they might be more experienced as compared to the kid at the Home Depot. They didn't even charge me for cutting them. Also they didn't have any blanks resembling our Polaris keys.
How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
454 Posts
How much were they if you don't mind me asking?
They were expensive but took 3 weeks to get to me so don't recall exactly. I think they were $6 per key and the spare key boot was like $7. Take into account that for $18 you can get a brand new ignition switch with two keys and one key boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts