Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
sounds like i need to check mine, does the 2010 have one similar? or someone know how to check it?

Registered
Just read the manual and just looks like a Clean out plug for the 2010 model.

Got out around the farm a little while this afternoon, the machine seems to be noticeably more responsive to throttle input and has significantly more low-end punch now that my exhaust is no longer plugged up lol.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Went for a 65 mile ride a week ago Sunday and greased the fittings today getting ready for West Virginia. For the hell of it I pulled the spark arrestor to check it and after just 65 miles this is what I found.... I know its not much, but its still a restriction.
sa2.jpg

sa1.jpg

Looks like I will be cleaning it after every ride.

Reactions: Sprotsman

Registered
19鈥 850SP Camo. MtAiry Maryland
I actually check/clean mine every few weeks as that fiber packing keeps appearing.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 possible to remove the packing, someone let me know if I鈥檓 wrong.

Registered
I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 possible to remove the packing, someone let me know if I鈥檓 wrong.
Iv seen 2 1000s do it so far 1 on the trail,another when he got home
it's just a 8 mm socket take the plate out and get a pair of needle-nose and pull the packing out it's only a couple inches in

Registered
Iv seen 2 1000s do it so far 1 on the trail,another when he got home
it's just a 8 mm socket take the plate out and get a pair of needle-nose and pull the packing out it's only a couple inches in
I think you mean the screen/spark arrestor, I鈥檝e removed that. I was just curious why it appears the muffler spits out packing for long periods of time. I would think it would stop by 25 or so hours.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #35
Amazing that that fiberglass keeps coming in. My next ride is planned for HMT end of July I will be checking it daily when I鈥檓 out there

I'm not really gonna worry about it that much but it is now a regular maintenance item for me.
I may see about getting up in there with something and see if I can snag some of the excess packing next time I have the screen out though.

Registered
I think you mean the screen/spark arrestor, I鈥檝e removed that. I was just curious why it appears the muffler spits out packing for long periods of time. I would think it would stop by 25 or so hours.
No, its the packing.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts