Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 polaris sportsman 400ho and it was running good then started to pop and backfire and not idle unless i gave it gas, also it will bog down and stall out instead of moving. After i shut it off it wont start anymore and it has all the components needed to start. I am completely stumped so if anyone can help that would be well appreaciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put fuel stabilizer in it before i put it away for winter and it ran well for 20min before all the issues started so fuel sat in tank for 2 and a half months

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
try this..since its been stored....take off fuel line on carb an get a clear soda bottle..run line in fuel bottle an try starting for a few seconds....see what the gas looks like...if its cloudy an not clear replace the gas....if its clear like new gas ..try a new plug...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i took the plug out and it has good spark.and gas is nice and clear! I sprayed that fogger stuff into the carb when it was running before i put it away so i am going to try to clean the carb and see if it is all gummed up! thanks everyone for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts