Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sportsman is having an issue with spark. No spark except an initial small spark at first rotation when first started. Well don't ask me why, but, I unplugged the center wire on the CDI box, and turned it over. it had enough juice that almost set me on my duff. Serious spark, you could here it snap it was that strong.
Is it a ground issue or the switch that attaches to the throttle to shut down the ignition system if the cable breaks. Or is the throttle adjusted to far that it is causing the switch to do its thing. With the wire unplugged it will fire up and run just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Model & Year?

It may have that defective Ducati ignition system I hear people talk about. It was fixed in 2004 IIRC.

My Sportsman is having an issue with spark. No spark except an initial small spark at first rotation when first started. Well don't ask me why, but, I unplugged the center wire on the CDI box, and turned it over. it had enough juice that almost set me on my duff. Serious spark, you could here it snap it was that strong.
Is it a ground issue or the switch that attaches to the throttle to shut down the ignition system if the cable breaks. Or is the throttle adjusted to far that it is causing the switch to do its thing. With the wire unplugged it will fire up and run just fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts