Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the dumb question but where the heck is the spark plug on a 2002 trail boss 325? Is it under the air box and fuel tank? This is my first polaris atv. It's not idling from sitting. I put seafoam in the tank and have been riding it hoping it will clear up on it's own. thought i would change the plug but can't locate it. Thanks Brian

·
Registered
993 Posts
If it's not idling your problem is in the pilot jet. Just order a new one and replace it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Ok, since you don't seem to take advise very well, yes the plug is under the tank. Your welcome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not a expert mechanic i've never taken apart a carb before. i've got no clue how to replace the pilot jet. Thanks

·
Registered
993 Posts
I give you advise and you respond like no one had said a thing. If you don't tell us then we will never know. What I mean is yes the plug is under the tank, kind a pain to replace but, your problem does not lie in the spark plug problem if it runs fine in higher RPM's. If a bike won't idle it is in the carb. Take the carb off and take the 3 or 4 screws off of the bottom of the carb which is the carb bowl. Then once you have the bowl off right in the center of the bottom of the carb is the main jet that sticks down the farthest. Right in front of that should be what looks like a empty hole but, with a small flat head screw driver go inside that hole and unscrew the pilot jet replace it with a new one and reassemble. Problem fixed. Sorry if I came off rude but it wasn't like you acknowledged what I said.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry we got off on the wrong foot. thanks for the advice that you gave me. wanted to change the spark plug anyway and do a full fluid change on it because it has been sitting so long. appreciate your help.

·
Registered
993 Posts
No problem man, maybe it was me having a bad day but you know what, it's all good. Hope you get your machine fixed and have many good miles on it!! Cause everybody deserves a good running machine.
If you have any more questions please ask, we all will do our best to help, this is a great forum with great members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts