Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search but found nothing specific. I dont know about others but I have better luck using google search to find stuff on PATV but may be just me.
Anyway... 2012 Sportsman 800
Mainly semi- aggressive trail riding in MN/WI area. What is the best replacement plug?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
NGK all the way!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd go with an NGK Iridium plug...... let me know how the swap goes. Maybe I'll attempt it too if it's not to much of a [email protected] to do! :D

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I'll hop on the NGK train, they make a great plug

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Let me rephrase this. Of all of the NGK plugs listed as a which one would be the bes replacement for the champion plug for my machine/ location.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just picked up some NGK IX iridiums for my 500HO...I have not istalled it yet so cold outside....But a friend of mine with a 850 put in Denso iridiums and was very pleased with them...said it helped alot with cold starts an idles much smoother and no hesitation.

but from reading lots of post on forums i went with the NGK iridiums...
NGK Iridium IX® Spark Plugs

Advanced Auto had a NGK deal buy one plug an get other 50% off so I got 2 NGK's for my machine...one to install one for the bag incase of plug failure while riding...

cant beat NGK..most used plug in powersports...

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
The BKR7E (V-Power)

I recently bought a a vpower plug. The guy at the parts counter told me not to gap it. Told me it would ruin the electrode. Anyone heard of that?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd go with the BKR7E. it is a standard plug, for units with CDI ignition, has stock specs. If the plug you are running now is a little bit dark in color on the electrodes, then go with a BKR6E.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The BKR7E (V-Power)

I recently bought a a vpower plug. The guy at the parts counter told me not to gap it. Told me it would ruin the electrode. Anyone heard of that?
the no gap thing is mostly for Iridiums since the tip is very small...but on a standard plug with a regular electrode I see no problem..I dont use the disk type gappers...I use a feeler guage with the gapper on the side just using the ground electrode ...the disk gappers are not that good..your touching electrode an ground electrode at same time possibly damaging the tip....the disk type is used to pry the gap open...

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you guys.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I should have been more specific. In this chart it lists several NGK plugs. Which is best

Champion RC7YC - Alternative spark plugs
The BKR7E (V-Power)...... But I still think I'd use an Iridium = BKR7EIX :D

I have all the plastics off it now so it shouldn't be too bad.
Sure....... Cheater! :suspect:

Well I did it yesterday. Had pull the fuel tank. Just enough to get it out of the way. So to change plugs you have to pull all the front plastics, clutch vent and fuel tank. WOW

1 - 16 of 16 Posts