Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have an extra one of the spark plug tools that they would be willing to part with. i need to change my plugs but dont want to pull tank off.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I just seen a tool that is like the one from Polaris...but had 2 size spckets on it..1 one each end plus the bar that goes it to turn it.....was either Lowes or wal mart....only 2 stores i went to yesterday..its about 6 inches long + or - was about 5.00..

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What model machine do you have?

As the plug on a single can be changed by.....

1) pulling the right (shifter) side cover
2) sliding off plug wire
3) blow out hole w/ air gun
4) slide in socket, then attach 2-3" extension and ratchet
5) loosen plug
6) reverse of step 4
7) repeat in reverse for new plug installation.

It's all a snug fitting process, but can be done!! And if your man hands are tooo big, ask the kids or wife to help..... it's that easy with your dirrection!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ill check next time im there. guess i should have said what it is lol. its a 02 sportsman 700 twin.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Don't need a special tool , can do it with a 5/8 plug socket, ratchet and short extention, do both plugs from right side, take both side covers off so you can see, use compressed air and blow all the dirt and grime away from plugs before you remove them,otherwise it will fall into engine, get some di-electric grease and put in plug boots before you put them back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got a swivel head 3/8 drive 3 or 4 inch handle wrachet that came with one of thoes "Gator grip" sockets someone gave me for Christmas one year that works great on my 03 700

1 - 7 of 7 Posts