Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about in the past but quick question to see if anyone knows. went to NGK website to see what plugs would fit in 850 touring and the only plug it had was 6799 LZKAR7A. After looking at previous posts it said that you could use 6043 ILZKAR7A10. NGK site could not confirm that and the only plug that the store had was the 6043. Will this work in my 2011 touring? Does anyone run these in a 11?
I know that this has been talked about before but I just want to make sure

thanks

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That's what I run in my 12 850XP's

·
Registered
217 Posts
When I changed to NGK from the stock Champions on my 2012 850 Touring LE, I had a heck of a time trying to find the 6799 LZKAR7A in my area, nobody had them..... even two Polaris dealers near me didn't have them in stock nor the Champion stock plug. Finally ordered four from Rocky Mountain ATV, I received them in 2 days.
Of course it was a good excuse to get some other goodies from Rocky Mountain for the free shipping.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I changed to NGK from the stock Champions on my 2012 850 Touring LE, I had a heck of a time trying to find the 6799 LZKAR7A in my area, nobody had them..... even two Polaris dealers near me didn't have them in stock nor the Champion stock plug. Finally ordered four from Rocky Mountain ATV, I received them in 2 days.
Of course it was a good excuse to get some other goodies from Rocky Mountain for the free shipping.
Do you know if the 6043 will work?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the champions that came with the bike, however in previous posts people stated that they did better with the NGK's

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run the NGK ILZKAR7A10 Spark Plug in my 2013 850 XP. I bought mine on ebay. Fairly noticeable difference.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run the NGK ILZKAR7A10 Spark Plug in my 2013 850 XP. I bought mine on ebay. Fairly noticeable difference.
I'm just wondering about the 11 because I know there was a hp change from 73 to 77 in the 12s and I just wanted to make sure that they would work because I thought it was weird that the NGK website did not list this as one of the plugs. The only one it said would work was the 6799.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm about to swap mine in my 2013. I wonder if I will have to internet order mine as others have. There is about 10 auto parts retailers here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found some at O'Rielys. I had to geve them the part number not the number on the plug.
good luck

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just to let anyone else know I found the 6043 (the better plugs) at O'Riely's auto parts for around $13.00 a piece. I've read other posts where people where paying 18-25 for each. Just to let you all know:veryhappy:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
thanks for the info, I have 0 problems with the Champion but when I do the check up I will switch to NGK

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Problem hope it helps. I didn't have any problems with the champs but after reading previous posts people really liked the NGK's. especially the 6043's. I'll let everyone know if I see a difference when the weather gets better. About 55 and raining. We're getting the same weather they are in Bristol right now:sadwavey:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I'm a little late, but yes Tenny those 6043s will work in your '11. I put them in mine, and like you, got them from O' for 13$ a piece. That specific plug is used in a Mercedes AMG motor...hence why its hard to find them or someone that actually stocks them at all.

IMO though, you'll like them, before I switched mine out she would idle between 1180-1200 RPM with little fluctuations. Now she stays dead on 1190 :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm a little late, but yes Tenny those 6043s will work in your '11. I put them in mine, and like you, got them from O' for 13$ a piece. That specific plug is used in a Mercedes AMG motor...hence why its hard to find them or someone that actually stocks them at all.

IMO though, you'll like them, before I switched mine out she would idle between 1180-1200 RPM with little fluctuations. Now she stays dead on 1190 :D
Sorry been a little busy!! I will be putting these in on SAT. I think I made a good choice

·
Registered
434 Posts
I put the non iridium NGK plugs in mine before last Sunday's ride. Didn't notice any difference really. However, I did notice these 850's definitely run too rich. My old ones were soaked in gas when I pulled them out.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Which plug is the original heat range? 6799 or 6043?

I need to order plugs before riding season, but i want the stock heat range.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My OEM Champion plugs were a 6 heat range. The iridium NGK's are an 8 and the NGK platinums that I bought were a 7.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts