Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the tool I use to remove the enrichener from carbs

I milled the side out of a 1/4 inch drive deep well socket - the cable is flexible enough to bend in the slot and allow the socket to fit 5 sides of the nut - since the nut is not supposed to be tighter than about 5 ft lbs, it does not require a great deal of force to loosen it

Attachments

·
10,412 Posts
This is the tool I use to remove the enrichener from carbs

I milled the side out of a 1/4 inch drive deep well socket - the cable is flexible enough to bend in the slot and allow the socket to fit 5 sides of the nut - since the nut is not supposed to be tighter than about 5 ft lbs, it does not require a great deal of force to loosen it
How much you get out of those custom choke tools latebird?
I've got an old wrench I ground down for that use but that cool looking socket would sure work better. :grin

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I got an old ground down wrench too, but the socket is much handier. The box end wrench was too heavy of material, would not turn in the available space between the nut and the carb body. The wrench is a Bonney (Snap On copy) and the box had about a .718" OD - the socket I modified is a Husky with an OD of .656" (the smaller the better).

If you got a socket you want modified, pay the postage and I'll do it for a donation - put a little something in with the socket when you send it and I'll accept it. If you want me to provide the socket, then the cost of the socket plus postage and a 5 spot will be adequate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts