Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you find a Y shaped spider web catcher? I am in the middle Tn. area. Have checked ebay no luck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My buddy just uses an old car antenna. He says it works well. You could take 2 of them, bend one and have it welded to the other one to make a Y. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
wait, what? I get the need, but wouldn't the web just flap back in your face anyway?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That is why you let the guy your ridding with go first in the morning.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Agree with the old raio antenna. Could use old flag masts mounted on each side.
If you're talking about the things that get in your helmet and crawl in your ears(hate that), you may try earplugs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
As luck would have it, I have a bunch of them in stock.

Would you prefer an oak, hickory or maple? I have others in stock as well but there may be a slight upcharge on exotics such as sassafrass, willow or osage orange.

:laugh2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure the car antennas would hold up long whacking branches and all...I have seen them out there...very flexible plastic that will bend and always stand back vertical...never have found any though...the key is flexibility when hitting branches...dowels, fiberglass, steel would all eventually bend/break.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Where can you find a Y shaped spider web catcher? I am in the middle Tn. area. Have checked ebay no luck.
I use a nine iron shaft. Works great, it's not y shaped but it doesn't have to be Middle Tennessee also here

·
Registered
392 Posts
:postpic:

I have always thought about the need for one of those but I've never seen one on an actual ATV. I would love to see what you guys are talking about it. :beer:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
:postpic:

I have always thought about the need for one of those but I've never seen one on an actual ATV. I would love to see what you guys are talking about it. :beer:
I just take a stick or golf club shaft and stand it up vertical and zip tie it to my front bumper and when riding and encounter a spider web face high, the stick or club shaft knocks it down before my face does. Very good modification in the fall early morning deer hunts or trail rides

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
honestly can't say I've ever felt a web while riding. Probably because I've got a moto helmet and googles on...

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just take a stick or golf club shaft and stand it up vertical and zip tie it to my front bumper and when riding and encounter a spider web face high, the stick or club shaft knocks it down before my face does. Very good modification in the fall early morning deer hunts or trail rides
Hey, hey... don't be horning in on my commercial stick business. :moa:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hey, hey... don't be horning in on my commercial stick business. :moa:
Well, I've been horning in for years, and didn't even notice it was a commercial endeavor...LOL:silvia:

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I found a product called a Web Wacker on the net. Search "atv spider web".
Been using mine for two years. Great! Flexible. Mounts to roll steel or to flat composite front deck in seconds. I deer hunt, so I battled webs too often in the dark. No longer an issue.
A good stick, and a zip tie works just as well and is free

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sounds to me like the proper application of a Flame thrower would be much more effective than a plain old stick...

All you need to do is hook up a window pisser pump to your fuel tank, and rig a propane torch to light it when you push the Button!

With sufficient use of flames, you can eliminate several square miles of spider webs AND spiders with one push of the button.

Side effects may include the elimination of trees, houses, barns, birds, deer, ticks, nuisance grasses, humans, kittens, unicorns, and Sasquatches.

Kids... Don't try this at home...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
A friend uses one of they fiberglass driveway markers...they are about 4.5 feet long little thicker than a pencil...flexible...but ridgid also..
he made a holder out of 1/2 pipe..drops right in..they cost about 3.00 a pair at lowes...he uses it for low snow covered branches during hunting season...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts