Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 sportman 400 4x4....it ran fine all day washed it off pulled it into the garage an was adjusting the 4x4 chain...well after that i backed it out an started it...it idles fine but in any gear forward,reverse, or even neutral it acts like its in reverse an wont rev up unless i hit the overdrive or the start button??? any ideas

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have a 1996 sportman 400 4x4....it ran fine all day washed it off pulled it into the garage an was adjusting the 4x4 chain...well after that i backed it out an started it...it idles fine but in any gear forward,reverse, or even neutral it acts like its in reverse an wont rev up unless i hit the overdrive or the start button??? any ideas
maybe the gear selector switch got wet and is shorted out i hate to sound like a broken record but is is important to have a battery in these atvs the rev limiter can be damaged along with the headlights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya theres no battery in it right now bc it died. an yes not having battery will ruin most bulbs in the quad...weres the switch at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts