Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Question.
Can I use a snow plow to move mulch? I am in South Florida but I would like to try using the plow on mulch. I have a local tree guy supplying me with about 15 loads of mulch, probably. The piles are about six feet high and 15 ft long & six ft wide.

Will a snow plow handle the job? I am trying to do this myself without renting a skid steer. Sny advice sould be appreciated. What brand of plow would you reccommend?

Thanks
GMEN

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Welcome!
I saw in a recient atv show (polaris or maybe dirt trax tv)warn is making a bucket for the front of atvs. They showed the guy loading mulch!!!
Try WARN!!

CW

·
Registered
841 Posts
I dont think he wants to buy something because he would just rent a bob cat. I would say your plow would work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I am looking to buy something. Renting a skid steer each time I do a project doesn's make sense. I just don't want to spend money on a plow if it won't work.

I won't need it for winter snow, that's for sure!

Anybody else that has a suggestion I am all ears, thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip, I got the dump bucket from Tractor supply and it is pretty good. A bit of a job getting it installed but not hard once I saw how it was supposed to be. I put it on my Honda Rancher but the rancher was too light. I put it on my Sportsman 450 this weekend and it is awesome. Now I need to add the winch and I will be all set.

Thanks again, your help is appreciated!:arco:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts