Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
2015 scrambler 1000 XP
I fitted a new after market primary clutch a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine , the atv was out working last weekend again with no problems then i started it the other day and it wont move. I removed the belt / clutch cover to check what was happening with the clutches to find the primary still when the engine is running and when the engine is off I can spin it easily so its not turning the engine.
any suggestions on the most likely cause

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tapers the same? Clutch bolt torqued to spec? Did you clean BOTH tapers before installing the clutch?
It's now possible the taper(s) are damaged.

·
Premium Member
12,408 Posts
Yup try tightening the primary bolt. If the bolt is tight and still doesn't rotate with the engine pull the primary off and chk it out. Something's broken or like stated above the taper is incorrect/worn.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
7,017 Posts
Hi,
2015 scrambler 1000 XP
I fitted a new after market primary clutch a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine , the atv was out working last weekend again with no problems then i started it the other day and it wont move. I removed the belt / clutch cover to check what was happening with the clutches to find the primary still when the engine is running and when the engine is off I can spin it easily so its not turning the engine.
any suggestions on the most likely cause

Thanks
Welcome.gif
to the forum
Cheers.gif

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Your primary clutch is not directly connected to the engine crankshaft. The engine crankshaft is connected to the transmission and then through a series of gears and chains it connects to the shaft that drives the primary clutch. I suspect you have broken something in your transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup try tightening the primary bolt. If the bolt is tight and still doesn't rotate with the engine pull the primary off and chk it out. Something's broken or like stated above the taper is incorrect/worn.
yes my first thoughts, see reply above,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your primary clutch is not directly connected to the engine crankshaft. The engine crankshaft is connected to the transmission and then through a series of gears and chains it connects to the shaft that drives the primary clutch. I suspect you have broken something in your transmission.
Oh dear, still sounding like an engine out type of job 😏😏

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
There's been some torque applied to that shaft. When they look like a barber shop Pole that ain't good!

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
You had spinning wheels that suddenly caught and got traction.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
It should look like this.
IMG_20201223_093922.jpg

Screenshot_20210504-131636.png

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You had spinning wheels that suddenly caught and got traction.
It was working fine clearing up after an enduro / hare scramble , loaded it on the trailer took it home , unloaded parked in garage , then next day wouldn’t move. No bangs , no cracks nothing 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
price for the shaft not too bad in the US but not so good here in uk 😱😱

1 - 13 of 13 Posts