Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinhing between 1000 scrambler and 1000 sportsman.
I see that the power of sportsman is lower than the scrambler (1PS).
I know that shocks are different but what about the rest of the suspension?
Is the clutch is the same in the sportsman and scrambler.
What else is different outside of EDC, plastics and saddlebag.
Are acceleration will make a big difference?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If you have no need for Utility (i.e. hauling gear, pulling, etc..) and you don't mind being covered in mud then get the Scrammy. If you want utility then get the sportsman! You can't go wrong with either but if your all about going fast, jumping and so forth then you want to get the Scrammy as it is geared towards that application.

I have the 850 XP and I am never short on power or speed but I don't race and I don't jump (much!).

The first thing I bought for my XP was Fender Flares as I would just get doused in the mud (especially if spinning the tires). The mud flies straight up and drops back down on you. On the Scrammy it's an ever worse bath. The Fender Flares on the XP worked perfect and they usually keep my pretty dry and free of mud.

Not sure what is available for the Scrammy? I'm 47 and ride hard but I don't want to be covered in mud or wet all day after 10 minutes of riding as we usually spend 10 hours a day riding. I can ride my XP through Mud coming over the front end and still be halfway clean after the ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
If you have no need for Utility (i.e. hauling gear, pulling, etc..) and you don't mind being covered in mud then get the Scrammy. If you want utility then get the sportsman! You can't go wrong with either but if your all about going fast, jumping and so forth then you want to get the Scrammy as it is geared towards that application.

I have the 850 XP and I am never short on power or speed but I don't race and I don't jump (much!).

The first thing I bought for my XP was Fender Flares as I would just get doused in the mud (especially if spinning the tires). The mud flies straight up and drops back down on you. On the Scrammy it's an ever worse bath. The Fender Flares on the XP worked perfect and they usually keep my pretty dry and free of mud.

Not sure what is available for the Scrammy? I'm 47 and ride hard but I don't want to be covered in mud or wet all day after 10 minutes of riding as we usually spend 10 hours a day riding. I can ride my XP through Mud coming over the front end and still be halfway clean after the ride.

Sums it up well.
I have only used adc 2x, in 4x4 the engine breaks enough for 95% of hill descends. Rest of suspension should be the same. Clutches would be the same, might have slightly diff setups though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Only differences are body panels and shocks really. The Sportsman holds more weight on the front and rear racks. The Scrambler has nice aftermarket fender flares that take care of the mud. The shocks on the Scrammy are better and more suited to fast riding. I wouldn't worry about the 1hp difference that they claim on paper. That's about it.

Maverick

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not trying to highjack but will the scrammy shocks fit the sportsman?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had previously Outlander xxc. it was a renegade xxc but the body of the Outlander. For me it was a great solution. I really like going fast, but I also like the expedition. I need to pack up luggage, get fuel etc ...
The problem with shock absorbers can solve in just the way assuming the scrambler or buying from another manufacturer. But are you sure they will fit? There is no way I ride on a regular springs.
What about the clutch, I heard that scrambler accelerates much better than sportsman?
It is a pity that on Youtube there is no comparison of these quads.
Scrambler I really, really like it but I'd rather sportsman.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exhaust is totally different. I believe this is where the 1hp lose is at. Plus part of the added weight.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The sportsman now uses the Scrambler a-arms and suspension geometry for 2015.
the shocks are interchangeable, the clutching calibration may be different, the exhaust and of course the plastics are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts