Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My carburetor needle spring seat keeps working up into the needle spring and when this happens I have no power and have to take the cover off the carburetor and "screw" the spring seat back to the end of the spring and reassemble. It will run just great until the spring seat works its way back up into the spring about one inch and then I have no power. How do I keep this from happening? I have backed the spring seat out and have reassembled a dozen times.

Thanks for any help!

John

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Try a new o-ring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg

This is a picture from my service manual showing the diaphragm, jet needle with spacer and e-clip and the spring seat positioned in the end of the spring. When the spring seat is in this end position the machine runs great. After some time the spring seat works up inside the spring about one inch and the machine will not take throttle and bogs down. I take take the cover off and "screw" the plastic spring seat back to the end position and reassemble. Runs great for a while until the seat works its way back up into the spring.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Replace the spring and the seat. Seat is probably worn and the spring is probably stretched

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Turn that plastic spacer over , you have it in the wrong way.
Your right I didnt even notice that lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turn that plastic spacer over , you have it in the wrong way.
The spacer is in correctly, as the photo shows. I think at this point I am going to drill a small hole in the side of the spacer and wire it in place on the spring. As far as I can tell the only purpose of the seat and spring is to hold the needle in the bottom of the throttle valve. Wireing the seat in place should not interfere with the movement of the needle or spring and should prevent the seat from working up into the spring.

Thanks for your take on my problem.

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts