Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I really could use some help! I am trying to remove a mikuni BST carburetor from a sportsman 400. I am not able to get the choke cable off of the carb. There is no clearance to get a wrench on the fitting. I even tried to use a fuel line wrench, but there is not enough room for it to slide on. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
loosen the nut on the end of the choke cable, then hold the cable and spin the carburetor number 43 on diagram

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
400 Carb

The carb is loose from the machine. There is no clearance between the fitting and the carb body in order to get a wrench on it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've got the same issue on my 2012 500 HO, I can't get #43 off to pull my carb out. Anyone have a suggestion, my needle nose didn't work either?

I know it's an old thread; but search brought me to it so I figured I'd revive it.

Thx in advance,
Cajun

·
Registered
545 Posts
I guess I'm going to try to remove the choke cable from the pod and take it all out together as I can't get the nut free still

·
Registered
545 Posts
My solution
1. Remove the choke cable from the pod.
2. Cut any zip ties preventing you from pulling enough slack to pull the carb to a workable area.
3. Soak the nut down with PB Blaster
4. Use small vice grips and unloosen it.
5. Enjoy the moment because now you get to tear the carb down if rebuilding it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts