Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My first brand new quad I bought last February its a 2013 sportsman 400. I love the thing so far. Around July I noticed a slight coolant smell and also noticed my resivor was always empty after I would ride and would have to fill it up every now and again. Well a couple weeks ago I was riding in the snow and the exhaust started steaming. I figured it was just snow. When I got underneath I noticed a green color and stuck my finger in it and it deffinetly tasted like antifreeze. So the coolant is either leaking from the manifold gasket? Or I noticed right above the exhaust there is a hole that was damp, weep hole? Doesn't drip on the garage floor and the oil is normal. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks jeremy

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
862 Posts
Is it under warrenty ?? If so dealer would be the first place it should go other wise would you be able to post a pic ?? Don't think the exhaust manifold should be leaking antifreeze possible a head gasket is seeping ...and dripping on to your exhaust??

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shane, not under warranty that with my luck ran out in July :(. But yes that's what its doing once its warm leaking on to exhaust and burning either from around the gasket or like I said there's a hole right above the exhaust. not sure if you know the hole I'm talking about or not I assumed it was a weep hole. I can get a picture after work

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Shane got a pretty good pic of the leak
for you to see. Would you be able to tell me how to post it for you to see off my phone?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2007 500x2 le
862 Posts
I should be able to hit the reply button scroll down click manage attachments . Should bring you to another page then click choose file should do it ! Sorry for the late reply budd

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bruce for the welcome! Seems like a pretty good place.

Shane I couldn't get it to let me set the picture in this post for some reason but managed to set it as my profile picture? Lol. But anyway I think if you click on my name it will take you to my gallery and you can see it. If you have time check it out thanks a lot so far!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts